• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a new shotgun a bit ago..put 25 high brass through it per instructions then ran low brass just fine. As far as an inexpensive semi-auto goes, I love this thing. Feels expensive, has good sights, features and lines.
    It comes with a cylinder bore extended choke, I'm gonna have to put a modified or improved in it for hunting. #8 pattern was waaayyy open at 30 yards.
    If you want/need a good shotgun, may want to consider tristar instead of some of the pricier options.
    Hopefully this helps someone

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I have a Tri-Star 12 guage O/U Upland Hunter EX-LT. It uses Beretta Mobil-Chokes. It is certainly not a Beretta or a Browning, but for $357.00 from Wally World in Pace it's not bad at all. I really like it. I have shot Trap with it and my highest score was 23 out of 25. The gun will do it's part. If you miss, it ain't the gun.

Last edited:

oyeme!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Although this is an older thread I thought I would provide input in case anyone else checks in.

The "high brass" initial shooting is for break in. It is not at all uncommon to see these heavy loads being required on new semi autos, even some very pricey ones. Not all but some need this, and after that initial period they will function fine with lighter loads. I have a TriStar G2 in 20 gauge I have used duck hunting 3 years in Stuttgart, AR and it only failed to feed twice last year when temp was about 5-10 degrees. I got it back that night and just quickly wiped off with a paper towel some of the CLP that I had used on it before, and it went back to being 100% reliable as it had been for the previous 2,000+ times.
    TriStar makes very reliable semis and they stand behind their products for a full 5 years. BTW, that is 4 years more than Beretta does!

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ok . . . but . . . just so we stay informed here - - -> the height of the brass has nothing to do with the POWER of the load.
    POWER (IMO) is the shot weight + velocity. I can load my "AA" once fired hulls with 1.5ozs of #8 shot and kill (shread) crows at 70-80yds with a full choke. Your shoulder can tell it to after 60 - 100 shots or so.
    High brass came about back in the days of paper hulls to make them feed better. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: The paper hulls would/could swell with added moisture. Todays plastic is impervious to moisture.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom