• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The mount is coming soon(just heard 30-90 days), the video was the test by their Pro Staff with Night Vision Guys, sent to them to verify claims, it passed so it will be out soon there'

I have a FREE Beta clip on digital you can use all tested and working

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the contrast better in this that the Gen III I use that is green...that may actually be the reason it is so difficult to see deer colored objects for me.

The ATN X-Sight can be either green or white/black. The white/black is better for night vision for me! It's a choice in the menu!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah it looks good the new core almost makes the 19mm lens look 30mm or so. With the internal recorder it will be an alternative to the new Pulsar entry level sight that cannot record and does not have the new core...nice to have some good units in the right price point. The units will be shipping in 3-4 weeks I am guessing

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am hoping to get my hands on the new FLIR entry level sight this week for some photos and a look. There aren't too many in customers hands as of yet.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in the market for night vision and I just had a long phone conversation with someone that has been on warrior forum for long time like I have and has spent some time on the Topic. He did not wish to discuss anything at WT for certain reasons.
    He gave me his general recommendations and he really has good things to say about TNVC. Right now I am going through their information posted by at the following link
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/TNV-PVS-14-and-what-sets-us-apart/209-284236/ They also have a lot of videos explaining the nuts and bolts of NV.
    By the time the purchase is done I will likely be spending at least $5K and so I will really do my homework first. This could include a lot of money just for the helmet.

Not all PVS 14 units are equal for example. The technology I believe is the same, but quality of the units can differ. I will spend the next couple of weeks reading to learn more about them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gotta ask - - -> with your budget - - -> why not thermal ??? --- SAWMAN
    In my case the way it was explained: thermal for detection and NV for resolution/seeing/identification. There is something out there that is new that can attach to a PVS 14 that adds another 5K in costs. I years ago worked with FLIR for detection of water currents coming in to a local bayou. Shades of color showing heat signatures.
    The basic for military operators is good NV first. I need to identify what it is around my perimeter. The dogs are constantly barking at things. A PVS-14 can taken from a helmet and quickly mounted on to rifle behind a red dot. Or if helmet mounted on the left eye, the right eye can use the red dot to superimpose an image over the dot.
    I do need to look at some images from a helmet mounted thermal to see what it looks like.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The last 6 months I've been using a decent amount of nv/thermal, both helmet mounted and weapon mounted.

My opinion. If you're strictly using it for hunting, thermal is the way to go.

If you're needing it for multi use (hunting/home defense/ moons out goons out type mischief) helmet mounted NV is the only way to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The last 6 months I've been using a decent amount of nv/thermal, both helmet mounted and weapon mounted.

My opinion. If you're strictly using it for hunting, thermal is the way to go.

If you're needing it for multi use (hunting/home defense/ moons out goons out type mischief) helmet mounted NV is the only way to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Could please list what brands and models of NV and Thermal you are using what you liked the most. Thanks.

Eventually I do plan to get a drone that is fitted out with thermal and NV cameras for patrolling. I do need to take down some more trees first on the perimeter. To bad it is not legal to arm a drone.

Tungoil

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have taken possession of an ATN TICO 350B, and can't find out anything about it online. It must be a dinosaur. IDKS about any of them. First one I've ever even held, so my feelings won't be hurt if anyone say's it a POS. Don't have a dime in it yet. Help if you can. Thanks......

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    an old clip on I believe, they were ok even as a clipon. There was a 640x512, not sure what you have ..very early in Thermal, so no repairs or parts available

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Find a way to mount a small reflex sight that you can use quickly, without pushing buttons or throwing levers to get 5 pounds of crap out of the way, maybe on a 45 degree offset rail or on railed scope rings. Also, I very much like my Osprey brand trigger activated VFG/light/laser combo, for after you find what you're looking for and the element of surprise is lost. Btw, ANS Tactical in Crestview and ANS in Ft. Walton Beach last time I was there had the side mounted Surefire helmet light/infrared illuminator/infrared strobe all-in-one's as LNIB but being sold as surplus for only like $30

Latest posts

Top Bottom