• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to use it (still have some, actually), but I went to Hornady One Shot. The recipe I found used Iso Heet instead of isopropyl alcohol, but the brass stayed sticky. I had to tumble my rounds after loading to get rid of the stickiness, and I quickly got tired of that. Especially when corn cob media would get stuck inside the JHP's and sometimes come loose and jam the gun...

wr4611

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use this formula on handgun and rifle cases. Works really good! I have not had a "sticky" problem.

BRDN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was sticky for me too. I switched to carbide dies and don't lube for my handgun calibers anymore.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was sticky for me too. I switched to carbide dies and don't lube for my handgun calibers anymore.

I didn't lube handgun cases when I loaded on a single stage or turret press, but lube makes progressive presses run so much smoother.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ive never tried the one shot, but everybody seems to love it.

I've heard people crap on it for being expensive, but I bought a can for $12 from Max Sr. at a match and I've used it to load 3 or 4 thousand rounds so far. I'd say it's probably still half full? Not terribly expensive, if you ask me.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I use denatured alcohol and RCBS case lube in about the same fashion...but not as much of it as the lanolin pictured above. Think I can use one of those little bottles 3-4 time with about the same amount of alcohol as above. I put the cases in a Sterilite shoe box and mist them good. Set them out in the sun or hit them with a hair dryer to evap the alcohol. If you don't get enough lube the first time you can add a little more and shake it up. If you don't get to size all of it the lid from the shoe box keeps things clean until you are able to get back to it. It cleans up pretty good.

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Step 1: Put 100-200 clean cases into a coffee can.

Step 2: Dab 2 fingers 1 inch into some motor oil.

Step 3: Knead cases with oiled hand for 1 minute.

Step 4: Load!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Step 1: Put 100-200 clean cases into a coffee can.

Step 2: Dab 2 fingers 1 inch into some motor oil.

Step 3: Knead cases with oiled hand for 1 minute.

Step 4: Load!

I'm not about to try that. How would one assure no motor oil got inside the case to pollute the charge... IMHO... bad idea.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . right . . . I always make my own bullets and brass because store bought is too expensive or hard to find locally also.
    Have been "upset" with the prices of powders so will be experimenting with making my own next week.

Jeeeeeeeze !!! ---- SAWMAN

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not about to try that. How would one assure no motor oil got inside the case to pollute the charge... IMHO... bad idea.
    Oops. To clarify, I smear the oil on my fingers first to ensure nothibg can drip.

I have tried all sorts of these silly home-brew methods and have dealt with everything from stuck cases to contaminated powder. I am at about 3000 rounds with this technique with no issues.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2nd the one shot. ( a one gallon plastic jug (zatarans) about 3 inch's of cases spray and stir, repeat till jug is full. I let it sit overnight to dry. lubes about 1000 cases. used about a can and a quarter for a 5 gallon bucket of 40`s. makes turret and progressive press`s run smoother.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just put some rubbing alcohol on a rag & wipe down cases after sizing . Let them dry & continue with my case prep . Light lube or some Nuwax in your tumbler media helps even with carbide dies . Liquid lanolin mixed 1 to 10 with 90% isopropyl alcohol works well , doesn't have the fumes denatured alcohol does . Put it in a spray bottle & shake the hell out of it before spraying cases . A light mist is all you need .

Top Bottom