• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What up guys (and gals I guess). My stamps actually came back last month, but with life and work I haven't had much time to do anything about them yet. So I had a couple questions about the final parts.

Now that I have the approved stamps in my email: if that good enough or do I actually need to print them up and keep them with the firearms at all times?

And as far as getting them engraved: I know this usually starts a pissing contest, but what exactly do I need engraved on them, and do most of you still recommend awards masters on Pensacola blvd?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezjunior

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Laser engraving is the best way to go. Ive got 4 with laser engraving and one from award master. I was in a rush to shoot my new one so i chose award master. However, i should have waited and sent it off to get laser engraved. Below is the place i used to get laser engraving..

Ident Marking Services
    (7) · Manufacturer
    Rockwall, TX
    (469) 464-5500
    Open until 5:00 PM

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just keep all 10 soon to be 11 nfa stamps copies on my phone... I figure that's good enough.

Hell I have a few electronic stamps anyway. If the ATF can send you an electronic stamp I'm good with leaving them on my phone for them to look at if needed.

Bringing up the Laser Engraving. Where are you all getting this done in Pcola? I still need to do one of the MP5's.

notcreative

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much should I expect to pay for engraving?

Thanks.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Orion Arms engraved my steel Destructive Device. I believe they charged $60. They said they could engrave the steel with no problems in the area I wanted it done so I went with them. Very professionally done.

Another place i've used is http://www.nflgun.com. He does NFA engraving. I had him engrave an AR receiver with my son in law's Navy info that I built into a rifle and gave my son in law when he retired from the Navy. Beautifully done. Don't remember the cost, but around $45, and he engraved a bit of info (name, rate, and dates of service0

Your name or name of trust exactly like it's listed on the paperwork.
    City, State where the NFA item is being made. The State can be abbreviated, such as "FL" for Florida.

If there is no serial number (you made the receiver yourself from scratch) the serial number on your paper work needs to be placed on the receiver.

If the caliber is not marked on the receiver or barrel, that will need to be placed too.

See 27 CFR 479.102 so you can read the actual law as to what all needs to be marked where. Without details in your OP about WHAT you are making and from WHAT it's being made, it's a bit difficult to list every thing that needs marked and where to mark it. Also do a search for "NFA Handbook". ATF puts that out on-line, and that will help you in your journey.

Top Bottom