Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    9MM
    Mine looked looked like a new sight. Also new sling.

My test targets were with RWS R-10 diablo pellets. I looked around and found I had a good supply of those, already, some in 100 packs. Others in rusty tins.

I bought Gamo airgun oil at the Gander Mountain closeout for it.

I have a break barrel and 177 pellets if that counts...don't that is what this is all about
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

9MM
    That counts. They are fun to shoot if you can acquire the mindset of permitting yourself to get mesmerized by the sights and trying to get the trigger to break without disturbing them.

mine is scoped
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

I have a break bbl,single stroke springer gun in .177. I have shot air powered guns in the past and seem to have no problem with them. BUT . . . a springer is completely different. Mounting the gun,holding the gun,and trigger follow through is different from everything that you have learned about firearms.
    It took me quite a bit of practice to get even decent groups with it. After about 500 shots or so,i'm still not very good with it. I seem to always forget something . . . until after the shot.
    The gun is used for backyard tree rats,so for that(and my shooting ability) it'll do. --- SAWMAN
    Last edited by SAWMAN; 08-03-2017 at 05:10 AM.
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

45 ACP
    Springers are completely different than any other type of gun that I know of. Seems like one of the biggest things is finding pellets your particular gun likes. Then you have to learn how your gun likes to be held. One that I have took many different brands until I got one it liked. Once I found the right pellets and shot a few thousand through it I finally got to the point where I was able to shoot 3 shot groups in 1 ragged or cloverleafed hole about 50-60% of the time. Still occasionally get one though where 2 shots go together and the next is an inch or more away. Just something about break barrels I guess. Don't have those problems with pneumatic or co2 guns. The single stroke pneumatic 853 never does that, shoots anything and if I do my part they all go in the same hole!

22LR

Im in Pensacola

[QUOTE=PaulT58;368520]I'm interested in meeting up with some folks that share an interest in air guns, both target shooting and hunting. I'm also interested in learning more about tuning air guns, so I'm hoping there are some experienced Airgunners in the local area![/QUO

Hello Paul,

I'm in Pensacola.

Dale