• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I hate to be the one to break the negative review ice, but here it goes.

This is in regards to the sportsman 15 pump that Joe Bag o donuts had listed. About 20 mins after he originally posted, I said I'd take it, and proceeded to pm him. I explained that I like to get the shotgun from him, but I wouldn't be able to get up with him until this weekend. He replied with his availability on saturday and his phone number. I once again responded and said awesome, I'll give you a shout on Friday to set something up. Friday rolls around, I shoot him a text,

Hey just wondering what time we should meet tomorrow?

He responds with got a guy coming to look at the shotgun today, I'll let you know if he falls through.

So I'm a little annoyed at this point, but respond with oh, I thought we had agreed to meet tomorrow (saturday) so I could grab the shotgun.

Never hear anything back, woke up this morning to find a text from the middle of the night, guy bought it for $200 (his original price was $185), thanks.

Sorry for the novel I typed out, but I just wanted to give you all my experience with this guy. I won't personally be buying from him again. This isn't ebay, and if you want bidding crap go to gun broker.

I know we try to treat each other with respect and want a good gun community, well at least that's my goal.

End my rant

Ben

Using Tapatalk 2, I'm too lazy to log in via my phone

Chaps

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I Had something similar happen to me with an atv from a different seller. I planned on looking at it and buying it. Set up the time and place, and 2 hours prior to looking at it I texted him and he said he just sold it. I couldn't believe it. I was the first one to text him, we agreed on a price or possible trade and he sold it right before I was to look at it. I would never do that to someone.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had something similar happen to me with an atv. I planned on looking at it and buying it. Set up the time and place, and 2 hours prior to looking at it I texted him and he said he just sold it. I couldn't believe it. I was the first one to text him, we agreed on a price or possible trade and he sold it right before I was to look at it. I would never do that to someone.

Joe bag o donuts guy did this?

Chaps

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Different seller just similar situation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You know...there is a right way and a wrong way to do business on forums. The sellers word on the availability and condition of an item is his "mark". The buyers word on the "to be" paid price is his "mark" also. If these two things come together as they should, it makes for a good,smooth,transaction.

Forum etiquette is pretty much common sense. Jumping on someone's for sale thread and posting negative remarks is the sign of poor forum etiquette. Actually....IMO....common sense. I see things advertised for above the "normal" selling price all the time. I have posted them. SO FREAKIN' WHAT ?? Pass them by. Use that forum finger to pick your nose,or scratch your nads. Why do you just gotta post something ?? ESPECIALLY (!) someone that posts a link to their for sale item on someone else's for sale thread. Unfortunately this forum is the very first time I have EVER seen this happen.

Anyway.....seems simple....if we treat other members as we would prefer to be treated ourselves .....PLUS...put to use some of that common sense that we all profess to have...that would solve 95% of the forum "problems" would it not ?? --- SAWMAN

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Some people are new to fourms , i had a deal i thought worked out on a gun guy accept a lower price than he listed gave him my number said i would meet him saturday , pm me and said gun sold thanks pm him back said he could not turn down the cash , he did not even contact me to see if i would pay what he was asking is this wrong? As the fourm grows i know we want it to but are we going to put up with this?

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ten bucks says Joey Bag O Dognuts is already back with another screename. Or two...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think part of the problem is people who come on and their first post it to sell something. They have no vested interest in the forum or us, so they feel like they will sell the item leave and not have to deal with the backlash. This is where a minimum # of post would be a good thing before being able to post things for sale.

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there any way the mods can institute a, "vetting" process besides just knowing another member? Place new members on a probation period for a time and if they don't adhere to the rules they get the boot depending on the severity of the infraction. I'm a new member as of earlier this month and wouldn't mind this. Just a thought.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with 911. A "minimum number of posts" restriction. There could be an exception made for someone that can be vouched for by another member in good standing.

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Urbanfuturistic, I hadn't see that one but I agree. Maybe not the number but some type of system to show that the person is a trusted member or someone with few to no "good trades/deals" as an indicator of their ethics.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian and I talked about this quite a bit when we first started the forum. We didn't initially set up a rule where you had to have a required number of posts, because we wanted to get members, and have people feel free to post their items for sale. As the forum continues to grow, this might end up changing, it is something we are still in limbo about.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom