• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    jj is near the concession area. About 30' in front of it, facing the main room. I passed by him twice before I recognized him.
    I think he combed his hair, shaved or something? :noidea:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Up in Jay all they have to get clean with is a garden hose,a small'ish kiddie pool,a half used bar of homemade lye soap,and a curry brush, sooooooooo. ---- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, but not long ago I was heading up to E. Brewton, it was raining pretty hard. As I was passing jj's house, I looked over and saw someone with their head, shirt and pants full of soap suds running around the yard. Hands were all over the place like they were swatting wasps or ants off them. Then I realized they were just taking a shower.
    :gossip:

Last edited:

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just left the show, good prices today, everyone was willing to deal..picked up a New Glock model 40 gen 4 MOS, 10mm for 650 OTD, hard to beat that price. Now I need some brass!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah, iffin i'd have knowed he was at the show . . . my $1200 would have been his.
    Mark - - -> hit up Starline. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I started to go back today and make a few offers on things that interested me yesterday but just didn't have the time.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was there. It happened 6 feet from me. I was setting up a table on the next row. We were in the alcove on the west side.

The dealers were still setting up and the show had not opened. The interaction was between two dealers, both older gentlemen. They were quietly talking. My view was blocked by the man shot. The dealer behind the table was handling a gun and there was a single discharge. Someone said is anyone hit? The man hit was still standing and said he had been hit. A few seconds later he calmly asked for a chair and for someone to call 911. I grabbed my EDC and began pulling out gauze pads, ace bandages, battle dressings and gloves as I was calling 911. I spoke with the operator and then was transferred to the sheriff's office. The dealer on the other side of me, selling the furniture with hidden compartments, had emergency medical training and rendered assistance along with several others.

From what I could see, the man was struck in the right thigh about two thirds of the way up from the knee. I thought I heard the dealer who shot the man say it was a .22 round nose. I did not see an exit wound, but hard to tell. I later heard, don't know if it is correct, that the victim was treated and later released.

I believe that man stood between the round and me.

Just what I heard - - -> Some guy brought in some guns to sell. He was friggin' with one and it fired,hitting another man in the leg. Luckily, one of the close by dealers was a FNP and quickly applied a dressing to the wound.
    That is all I know. --- SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was there , Took my bath early so I could make it on time, had to take a cold one didn't have time to fire up the wood under the pot. the wife let me use her store brought soap. Had both of the tanker there, sawman I will make a house call , have been doing a little recon. and have got your place located, I think a guy that I worked with lives or did live in your area. I have heard he has lost his wife. Just my 5 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah, a gentleman down the road from me lost his wife a little less than a year ago.
    Nice man. Walks his Beagle by my house about every day. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I had a great time at the show, I wasn't looking for anything so I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed seeing some friends and talking to some super nice vendors. I went in with a good attitude and left with a better one. I did buy a custom knife I didn't need but really liked the makers and it is a nice knife. If you go there looking for a steal of a deal you most likely will be disappointed, but if you go for the comradery and look at all the cool stuff it is a nice outing. I am in agreement about the big dealers, they could stay home and it would be a better show.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's not forget this gun show is for raising money for charity and Mike's and Jay's paid $40 a table that went to that charity that otherwise might not have been filled. Just sayin...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    It would be interesting to know if there was a waiting list for tables that didn't get filled because of the large space taken up by Mike's and Jay's.
    Now, I'm not saying they shouldn't be there. It was actually nice seeing Mike's there. I haven't seen them at a show in a while.
    I've just learned that they can't (or won't) compete with the on-line sellers so I don't even check with them anymore on new guns.
    Most of the stuff I'm interested in isn't made anymore anyway so I'm more interested in the individual's tables.
    Plus, when I see that many guns displayed, my eyes glaze over and I just don't look at them.
    Kinda like when somebody makes a post that's many paragraphs long. I think I've got ADD or something. I just pass it by.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My eyes glaze over at massive dealer tables too. I don't even bother looking at prices. I saw a few interesting guns in there but no screaming deals. A decent amount of old surplus rifles that intrigued me. Saw a low serial number Garand and a surplus 1911. One table in particular had some cool rifles that were interesting. He had a Norinco 84S and an Armalite AR-180. Norinco had a decent price but the Armalite was high. Hope they continue doing shows at this location. Really good turn out!

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Several People i know couldnt get a table Because of the BIG dealers! One was actually promised 2 tables ,But because he didnt pay in advance they were given to the BIG Boys.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If that's the case then there should be a limit on how many tables a big dealer can have. It's the individuals that make the shows great. They are the ones bringing the interesting stuff, the reason I go.
    But, I can see the point of view of the ones putting it on too. They are in it to make money.
    I would love to see a show with nothing but the small dealers and individuals. I don't know if that's financially feasible though.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not going to:deadhorse: - This was a charity fund raiser - do you really think there were enough small dealers that did not get a table to make up the money raised by the tables paid for by Mike's and Jays? My guess is no - maybe a few but having Mike's and Jay's there put a lot more money in the charity fund raiser than if they had not shown up. Considering that neither are open on Sunday and based on what I saw gun sales were pretty slow I don't think they made much to cover their cost. Mike's doesn't do other gun shows for that reason but they do participate in Marcus Point's Sportsman's Nigh Out by donating prizes so I for one was glad they were there to help with the fund raising....my final $.02

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have no idea. You seem to know more about it than I do.
    I am not saying that they shouldn't be there. I'm saying if there is a waiting list of individuals for tables, maybe there should be a limit on the number of tables the big boys can reserve.
    I doubt that either one would have been hurt by giving up a couple of tables to the little guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom