Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    50 CAL
    What is everyone's opinions now? I have been wanting a Shockwave for a while. I think I would rather get the 12 since they don't make mini shells in 20 gauge. Have you worn yours out from racking it yet Sawman?

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and my decision at the moment is do I buy a Shockwave or a police trade in Glock 21? I can get either right now for $300

I now have quite a few rds thru my Shockwave. I have shot quite a few full power buckshot load thru it just to use up a bunch of cop ammo (Federal 9 pellet loads) that was given to me.
    Overall assessment - - -> The 3" buck is a real wrist twister. Uncomfortable to shoot and quite the "flinch factor". (The laws of deminishing returns comes into play here.
    The 2.75" . . 9 pellet load is much more manageable. The "problem" with any 2.75 or 3" load is also the deminished mag cap of the gun. With the OpSol installed and loading the Aguilla Mini Shells,my gun will hold 10 shots. ( I'll tell you how to do it for $100.)
    The Mini Shells are completely manageable. Waaaay under the recoil impulse of even a 20ga. ( This is why you should choose the 12 over the 20) The OpSol is completely reliable. It has never fallen out or moved in almost 140rds of both buck and bird.
    Good and bad . . but really no big deal. - - -> With the OpSol installed you cannot load 2.75" shells. But it goes in and comes out very quickly,without any tools.
    I noticed at Academy last week that they had Aguilla Mini Shells both buck and bird. BUT . . . the price was $19. I got mine sometime ago at Gander Outdoors for a $14 and change.
    I really wish that there were more shot loads available. The buck load throws too tight of pattern even from the 14" bbl. But after all,it is still a cyl bore. Just a short one.
    My choice for a defense load at 15-20yds would be something like #2 shot or even the old "BB" sized pellets.
    I reccomend the Moss Shock 12ga. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

3. Likes SAWMAN's Post:

I still see zero practical reason to own one of these things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well John,consider yourself lucky that you don't own one. Now you will forever remain a "practical" person. --- SAWMAN
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SAWMAN; 02-11-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    XM177E2

6. Likes SAWMAN's Post:

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    I still see zero practical reason to own one of these things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't really either myself but I think it would be fun. I have AR pistols that cover the home defense basis much better considering how a shotgun does not spread much in home defense distances.

I also know people that buy jewelry or art or put aftermarket rims on vehicles. None of those really serve a practical purpose to me.

8. 2 Like Murfpcola's Post:

I don't own one yet, still debating it and letting used prices spur the decision and these are my considerations.

Since the 870P was one of my tools of the trade, that familiarity makes the choice simple for me: TAC14. On the other hand, if I was a Mossy guy I'd be hesitant to buy a Shockwave do to the grip top safety piranha that's always waiting to bite. Due consideration to it should be given as there is less gun weight and no shoulder stock to mitigate recoil. Stress or slight inattention can lead to a bite. I'm suprised the Mfr has not incorporated a speedbump behind it yet. Surely the aftermarket folks could produce a rubber sleeve for that purpose. To me, the safety bite issue is a larger negative than the extra shell is a positive. Plus 1 and +2 mag extentions are available for the Tac14 if desired starting @ $50+-.

Mini Shells are not reliable in the Tac14 but work fine in the Mossy when the adapter ($14) is installed. The mini's tame recoil but there is a tradeoff and you loose 4/5ths of the pellet payload (+-). You do get more individual shots to put the lower amount of projectiles on target(s). Let's not forget you still have to aim at and hit the target with less projectiles going down range. There is no doubt that more pellets are better, The question is: are less pellets enough? Thats a personal judgement based on your intended use.

If its primary use is to peg your fun meter, then the Mossy w/mini's is your ticket. Regular loads are going to put it in the .44 mag, .450 or .460 zone: its okay to run some thru it but not gonna do it all day either. When guns fall into the category that you prefer to watch you buddy get beat up firing it, do you really enjoy it? Maybe-Lol.

Options include models in 20ga, pistol grip/brace and detachable 6 shell mags (DM). I'm not a DM fan. I favor "load what you shoot" with tactical or combat reloading. You can easily top off the tube but not the Mag. If you don't carry spare shells: then the extra round (6 vs 5) in the Mossy matters. I also like the streamlined silhouette W/O the mag.

There are tactical scenarios where certain firearms are better suited for them than others. You must factor in how well you can actually employ that firearm for it to be suitable for your application to the scenario.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

Federal is coming out with 1&3/4" shells
    https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/ammu...rm=Read%20More

Crimson Trace is coming out with a laser saddle for the Shockwave
    https://gundigest.com/gun-videos/gun...m=Learn%20More
    Young Guns Use Hearing Protection OR The Ringing In Your Ears Will Never Quit

Anyone got enough girl in them for this ?? --- SAWMAN
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    XM177E2

GCGF Supporter
    Only if they make those cute lil mini shells to go with it!

13. 3 Like RidgeRunner's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
    Only if they make those cute lil mini shells to go with it!
    Reckon it would handle .45 long Colt??