• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Winchester 1300 defender and I was reading some reviews about it last night and guys kept mentioning that you could run the Aguila mini shells in it without any modifications. I have seen the shells and always just assumed they would be problematic or impossible to run in any thing besides a break action. I don't know why I thought that but I did. Any folks here run them?

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used them in my 1300. They work most of the time but occasionally flipped over on the elevator. Maybe once every 20th or so round. Not reliable enough for fighting but good enough for hunting or the range. My KSG loves them, no issues at all.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've have a older H&K/Benelli M3 (2 3/4). They will not cycle the action in S/A mode (you gotta try right?) and I have never heard of a S/A that could cycle them. They would cycle fine in the Pump Action mode without any mods and didn't seem to change cycling effort. The Shell Latch should release and latch fast enough to prevent a double feed from the mag tube. The shorter 1 3/4 shell may hit snag points in the receiver that longer shells bypass. Recoil was like a light 20ga load in my 8lb gun. With normal aggressive cycling they should run fine. The Shorts can be fun but they are $1 each so the novelty wears off quick.

Top Bottom