• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got my new 2240 co2 pistol in. It's a 22 cal bolt action I plan to keep in my back pack for the random rabbits and squirrel I come across. It's pretty quiet but i have no doubt it'll take them down.
    Any one have any experience modding them?
    I've seen a bunch of things on youtube you can do but im suspect of the validity of the youtube mall cops.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just ordered a 2240 from their custom shop last night. They look pretty cool and you can have them "custom build" one to your selections (barrel length, grips etc.). I also ordered a TKO suppressor to mount.
    Looks like a lot of fun!

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just ordered a 2300KT from the custom shop and a box full of upgrade parts. Looking forward to a little backyard fun.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cut a few (3) threads off the valve and added a spacer to the hammer spring. It's releasing WAY more gas. I can't get my chrony to read due to low light so I'll try again tomorrow and post the velocity. It is definitely penetrating more though

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cut a few (3) threads off the valve and added a spacer to the hammer spring. It's releasing WAY more gas. I can't get my chrony to read due to low light so I'll try again tomorrow and post the velocity. It is definitely penetrating more though

I guess you are trying to get more velocity by increasing the propellant volume???
    How do you like the 2240? If you make any other mods please post some pictures. I've still got a bit of a wait before I get mine but I'm looking forward to getting it!
    Is it sad that grown men are excited about this???

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess you are trying to get more velocity by increasing the propellant volume???
    How do you like the 2240? If you make any other mods please post some pictures. I've still got a bit of a wait before I get mine but I'm looking forward to getting it!
    Is it sad that grown men are excited about this???

Yeah I always love more velocity on just about everything. Im wanting to shoot backyard squirrels and rabbits without disturbing the neighbors.
    I'll be putting a steel breach on next. When I do that I'll post pictures of everything
    Grown men and Airguns....It's nerdy FOR SURE but they're still cool and I'm a grown man so I can do what I want lol

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sucks, sorry to hear that. I've been shooting mine without bothering any neighbors so I won't be worrying about trying to be quieter

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my stripper from Tko on Friday. My pistol should be here tomorrow. I'm more than a little disappointed to hear your report. Once I get a chance to shoot it "stock" then add the upgrades I've ordered, I'll post up the results.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my stripper from Tko on Friday. My pistol should be here tomorrow. I'm more than a little disappointed to hear your report. Once I get a chance to shoot it "stock" then add the upgrades I've ordered, I'll post up the results.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I haven't received the pistol yet, I was commenting on the suppressor itself. It may work great but it's nothing more than a thin tube. Hopefully it will work great in spite of the simplistic design of the suppressor!
    I saw "somewhere" (YouTube maybe) where a guy put a capped piece of copper tubing on a .22 rifle and it was very quiet so these may work great?

PaulT58

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a couple 2240s and a 2300S. They are all quite accurate. The 2240s are louder than the 2300S, which I suspect is due to the short barrel. I also recently ordered a 2400 from Crosman when they were having their 20% off sale. Looking forward to receiving it.

Top Bottom