Target Sports

Listen up—and take action now to help pass the Hearing Protection Act!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Protect Your Rights - Take action today, and take part in our letter-writing campaign.

Listen up—and take action now to help pass the Hearing Protection Act!

Should you be taxed for trying to protect your precious sense of hearing? Absolutely not! That’s why we need your help to support The Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367), which will legalize over-the-counter purchase of silencers.

H.R. 367 was introduced in October 2016 in an attempt to remove silencers from tiresome —and expensive— NFA restrictions. We strongly support this and know you do, too!

Passage of the Hearing Protection Act would let people purchase silencers through their local dealer, as you do with most firearms. This would eliminate the cumbersome NFA process that involves lengthy ATF forms, long waits, red tape, and a $200 tax stamp

The Hearing Protection Act also has a provision to give a $200 tax credit to anyone who purchases a silencer and pays for the $200 tax stamp between the time the bill was introduced last October and the day it passes.

JOIN OUR LETTER-WRITING CAMPAIGN

ACT NOW to protect your hearing. Tell Congress to pass the Hearing Protection Act!

To reach your U.S. Representative and Senators, “Take Action” and email a letter today! You can also call the U.S. Capitol’s switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Share this email:

Hornady Manufacturing
    3625 W. Old Potash Hwy
    Grand Island, NE 68803 US

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good luck getting Matt Gaetz to do anything. He is worse than old Miller when it comes to doing more than talk. Geatz is only progun when he is in the district. I have called and emailed him asking for his position, only received canned response saying he appreciated the email.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another "UPDATE"

Subject: DOCTORS PRESCRIBE SUPPRESSORS FOR HERING PROTECTION

Doctors Prescribe Suppressors for Hearing Protection

Posted on March 28, 2017 by Scott Walker in News, Suppressors Tagged News, NSSF, Legislation, suppressor, politics

After years of college, medical school, residency, and practice, you’d hope that most doctors would be pretty smart. A group of doctors called Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO) shows just how smart they are in a recent white paper endorsing the use of suppressors to prevent firearm-related hearing loss. Read more in this report from the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Defender Outdoors Suppressor Rack
    Doctors say suppressors are the most effective way to protect hearing from gunfire.

It is going to be a bitter pill for gun critics to swallow. Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership just published a white paper saying suppressors are the best medicine to prevent hearing loss from the sound of gunfire.

This puts to rest the bogus claim from the Americans for Responsible Solutions that foam earplugs are the best way to protect hearing. That now thoroughly debunked claim, tweeted out as a “fact,” by the group led by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, earned three Pinnochios from the Washington Post’s Fact Checker column.

Here are the facts straight from the guys in the white coats who actually went to medical school and who are able to draw medical conclusions based upon peer-reviewed scientific evidence.

“Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership strongly supports making firearm suppressors readily available to the public as a critical health intervention to prevent Americans’ hearing loss,” said Dr. Arthur Przebinda, the group’s director. “Reducing barriers to firearms suppressor ownership and decreasing the likelihood of gunshot blast noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus in tens of millions of U.S. firearms owners will have no material impact on criminal firearms use.”

This is why these doctors support passage of the Hearing Protection Act of 2017, introduced in the House of Representatives as H.R. 367 and in the Senate as S. 59. They cited evidence of instant and permanent hearing loss reported by government and military researchers, as well as in medical journals.

The bottom line is this: The sound of gunfire is 140 to more than 170 decibels, loud enough to cause instant and permanent hearing loss. Stuffing in foam ear plugs helps, but only to the tune of 20-30 decibels, still louder than a car horn from three feet away and enough to cause damage.

NSSF Logo

Suppressors commonly reduce gunfire noise by 30 decibels, but also they also have a greater ability to reduce the impulse pressure associated with noise to below the 140 decibel threshold, where instant damage occurs. This is why not just these doctors, but also the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concluded that suppressors are the only effective method for noise control when it comes to gunfire.

It’s time to tune out the false claims coming from the gun control crowd who apparently support hearing loss. Congress should listen to the doctors’ advice and pass the Hearing Protection Act. Pass two bills and call these doctors in the morning.

Are you glad these Doctors prescribe suppressors to prevent hearing loss? With medical backing, do you think you might try to purchase a silencer soon? Tell us more in the comments.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    good information. Also even the European governments let their peons have suppressors. Our politicians always want us to be more like Europe

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am all for suppressors, I just hope that the hearing protection act passes the common sense test. By that I simply mean that yes I feel suppressors should be easier to buy and own but not transfer private party like our current laws are. I know many many disagree with me on this but to everything there is a limit. I feel I should be able to enter into my LGS and walk out same day with a suppressor of my choice having passed my background check. Its just my opinion that it should be taken a step further in that if I purchased said suppressor, I now own it until the day comes I decide to sell it. The sale of which would be mandated thru an FFL. The reason I feel this way is that if the act passes (and I hope it does) but does not have simple provisions to protect citizens from being murdered from straw purchases, then we as a gun community have failed to protect our countrymen. Those very same ones that we fight so hard so we can carry concealed for in case Bin Laden swoops down on his unicorn dual wielding his Krinkovs with a third flying out his beard. From conception, suppressors were designed to help quietly assassinate targets. Sure you might have an obscure article that stats hearing conservation etc. and sure that is true too, but the sole purpose of these things is to kill everything in one room without anyone in the next knowing about it so you can come and kill them, and so on. A semi trained criminal idiot with a good suppressor and enough rounds can take out an entire township before dawn and then quite a few first responders if he wanted to stick around that long.
    Anyhow my point being this. I would love if this act gets passed as I would love to be able to easily purchase a suppressor to have fun with at the range. Hearing? I am a combat vet, I need hearing aids as it is so too late for me to pretend to care because this will save my hearing. I just wish that we did not have to argue issues like having the freedom easily purchase suppressors under the guise of hearing protection. I wish we could argue it because hey this is America and I don't want the government telling me I cant have one if I am a responsible citizen. The concession to the anti gun libs would be that every suppressor purchase or transfer comes with a background check. No personal FTF sales. Too easy.
    Next is the SBR thing. What is the act name for that one gonna be? I need a 10.5in railed SOCMODII barrel because my arms are too short act? It should be argued by facts that a 10in has no more killing power than a 16in and conceal ability between the two is a moot point. It is just truly stupid to have a SBR law on the books. I just hope when we try to get that one reversed we come up with a better excuse or argument. This is just my 2 cents.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I someone is gonna off somebody, I don't think they care if the gun goes bang or not...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very true, but a loud bang alerts a lot more people that something bad is going down. Cops get called. Folks arm themselves, and the shooter has far less chance to inflict maximum carnage. Like the Harley guys say, "loud pipes save lives"

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would say 50% of the sound (noise) comes from the supersonic crack of the bullet. My friends 44MAg bolt action rifle is almost as loud with a full power load. Subsonic rounds are very quite but people still will hear the the gun being fired.

Top Bottom