• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just replaced my hot water tank with a new one. The one I replaced worked fine, never leaked and was kept / installed in my garage.
    FREE for anyone who needs it and can pick it up!

Olde Joe

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Water heaters have sure become more valuable since I replaced the last one. Are they using real gold in them now or what?

RH

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last one was $199 10 years ago, one I bought earlier this week, $359, same heater !

RH

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I put a new water heater in every house I rehab. Was paying under $300 for a basic 40 gallon unit for quite awhile. Then about a year and a half ago the price suddenly went to over $350. Was told due to new "GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS" that required better insulation and a few other bullshit "improvements" to save water and energy...
    Typical bunch of over paid unelected beauracrats sitting at some regulatory agency who have to come up with more crap to justify their salaries while screwing the rest of us.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Last one was $199 10 years ago, one I bought earlier this week, $359, same heater !

RH

about the same I paid last yr for a new forty gal rheem...old one was 16 yrs old
    $326 cost plus labor, thru my plumber, got him to install it, set temp, and even took the old one away...

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What is yall'l problem If you lived in a good place you could get a new one for free, Just replace mine with a 50 gal D/E had to buy about 40 dollars of replacement parts. The ERC here has a program will give you one , just got to get it in . Just my 5 cents jj

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    ;
    Gulf Power has a similar program but you have to be replacing a gas one.

Or push back on them when they tell you that; and say you are pretty sure gas company will give you a new one to switch back to gas!

I actually raised such a point on one that told me that the offer was for new customers. I asked why should long time customers not be eligible? Had them check how long I had service; and got a free hot water heater to keep me gas vice electric...same could work with electric company if a promotion is running I would bet.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What is yall'l problem If you lived in a good place you could get a new one for free, Just replace mine with a 50 gal D/E had to buy about 40 dollars of replacement parts. The ERC here has a program will give you one , just got to get it in . Just my 5 cents jj

I emailed them but no response. We are with EREC.

Top Bottom