• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took a friend and his wife to the Range Saturday and had some issues. I have put countless thousands of rounds through My Berertta 92 FS and maybe 1000 through my Canick PT9sa with ZERO fails. Saturday I had 7 out of ten FTE with the 92, one case got stuck in the barrel. The tried the Canick with the Aluminum case Federal and first shot got stuck in the barrel after firing. I put the box of Tullamo aside and got out another box and then continued on to shoot another 7 boxes with no problems! Have any of you had problems like this specific a single box of ammo?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Have you shot Tula before? There may have been a bad lot of ammo. I had a specific batch from freedom munitions that I had problems with. There's been multiple recalls from manufacturers when they find out there's an issue with a run of ammo.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I bought Tula From walmart LONG ago and Had alot of problems with that box of ammo through my S&W .380.. Never bought any again.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow that is weird. Gotta be a bad batch. Like you I have never had a problem with Tula or Federal before so I would guess you just got a bad box in there. Plus side is you got to train on some immediate/remedial action drills. :)

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    TULA bad. I have had batches with failures to cycle. They have hard primers.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a box of Federal buckshot that turned me off Federal for years back around 1978.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoubleDee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my Beretta Neos 22 to the range today for some fun. I have put several thousand rounds through it, mostly CCI. Today I opened a new box of Federal target ammo could not get more than 4 shots without a stovepipe. After a hundred rounds and loads of frustration I went out to the shop and bought a box of Aguila Super. Problem solved. The Federal will be reserved for Marlin model 60 and if its a problem in that, bye bye Federal.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my Beretta Neos 22 to the range today for some fun. I have put several thousand rounds through it, mostly CCI. Today I opened a new box of Federal target ammo could not get more than 4 shots without a stovepipe. After a hundred rounds and loads of frustration I went out to the shop and bought a box of Aguila Super. Problem solved. The Federal will be reserved for Marlin model 60 and if its a problem in that, bye bye Federal.

I avoid federal in .22 also. Have way too many problems shooting it out of a Marlin 60 and my wife's phoenix, even had a little bit of problems shooting it from the Winchester 190 and that is chambered for short, long and long rifle so just about anything goes through it fine.
    Never had a problem with the Tula though,. been using that cheap stuff in 9mm from walmart and shoots great. Also the perfecta from walmart shoots fine too.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have shot a bit of federal .22 over the years. Federal turns out various grades of ammo and I mainly shoot the cheaper offerings. Function has generally been good and the major problem has been failures to fire. I mostly shot .22 lr semiauto target pistols these days.

For wolf 380 and 9mm luger loads, I have seen some manufactures recommend it not be used their guns. I not sure why, except that the steel case might cause ejection problems. Wolf often underloads their ammo a bit also, at least they do in rifle calibers. Often their ammo does have defects in it which show a lack of QA/QC.

Top Bottom