• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Because my speed seems to have degraded with the passage of time, I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences or recommendations with sleeve guns. They seem like they could be quite beneficial to someone who needs to shoot fast and first.

I personally think you are 19 or early 20's, because you aren't mature enough to be an effective armored truck driver. But if you are a man, I suggest you go immediately to your employer or HR rep, show him/her your 1st and 2nd posts on being slow at the draw, or man up and tell him/her about it. Tell them you want to be the best Armored Truck Driver in the fleet and ask if the company provides training in this field. I'm sure they will assist you with those spidey senses of yours. Seriously, go talk to your HR rep or the Head Honcho, they'll know what to do.

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First off, I'm 37 so I'm not some stupid kid. I've been a driver for 15 years, and in that time I've seen the elephant and lived to tell the tale. But, it's been years since I've been tested and, it would appear, have become soft, no longer the warrior I was. So I don't much care for posts insinuating I'm an idiot or troll.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Express your concerns to the company you work for, if they deal in armored protection then they should have some sort of training/ qualifications that are in place to make sure you are competent in the tasks required. If you don't meet their standards they should be able to help you or find another position within the company hopefully.
    Don't worry about the guys here talking shit, they got nothing else to do, you should of seen the mess I made when I said I liked to smoke weed.
    Kudos for seeing weaknesses within yourself, not easy to do, but if you truly feel unable to properly preform it might be a good idea to look into something else before a mistake happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    this thread is giving me an idea for man bun hideout guns...little northamerican or freedom arms .22lr or shorts..

now to find a manbun to try it on.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You smoke weed?! Haha
    Haha Dammit JW, I no longer do, but would give up all my love for bourbon and beer if I was able to use it without any worry. This isn't about me!! It's about sleeve guns!!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Haha Dammit JW, I no longer do, but would give up all my love for bourbon and beer if I was able to use it without any worry. This isn't about me!! It's about sleeve guns!!

Haha fair enough...sleeve guns are the new shizz!

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First off having worked in the Armored Car industry for many years with affiliations Dunbar Armored and Pinkerton as well as Securitas as a firearms instructor I find it hard to believe that insurance would allow any employee that carries a firearm not to have to go thru qualification classes every few years.

Also many states require security officers that are armed to carry a special permit other then a CCW. Most companies proved this training and help you get a armed security license. Most states make it mandatory you go thru a shooting exercise either every year or two years.

If your doing the tests and passing then just spend more time at the range building up your posture and sight placement. Going to a range and practicing with your carry weapon should be done at least once a month or even more if you need it.

Also very few insurance companies will cover an officer who doesn't use a hip holster so few armored companies will allow any other types of holsters.

There are exceptions, I have been on jewelry, and bank details that required officers to be in suits and we were allowed shoulder harness holster rigs.

If you truly feel at a disadvantage go see your company training officer immediately and talk to him and explain your disadvantages. Your not only endangering yourself your disadvantage endangers everyone of your coworkers.

I've seen 1st hand what can happen when someone feels inadequate on an armored car. We had a guy that was only a few dahs into the job. His partner was not at ease with him and refused to ride with him.

I jumped on the truck and talked with the new employee. He was actually very nice guy but in the wrong job. He admitted to not only carrying his service gun but also had two 5 shot 38s on ankle holsters and a 18" barrel 6 shot 12 gauge in a bag he carried.

We had to let him go. Company policy was you carry only the firearm you qualify with or a company S&W 38 that you sign out at the beginning of your shift and sign back in at the end of the shift.

They make many tools to help you train. If your having trigger problems especially with strength to pull check these out. http://www.thetriggertrainer.net/

If its arm and elbow strength work with weights. If it's reaction time get to a range and work on it.

A firearm is a tool it's only as good as the person using it. Without practice it's useless.

And if it has something to do with nerves or medical issue get moved to the counting room or other inside duty.

Remember it's not just your life that depends on your actions it's also your co-works and bystanders lives.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First off, I'm 37 so I'm not some stupid kid. I've been a driver for 15 years, and in that time I've seen the elephant and lived to tell the tale. But, it's been years since I've been tested and, it would appear, have become soft, no longer the warrior I was. So I don't much care for posts insinuating I'm an idiot or troll.

Sounds like as much a mindset issue as anything. At 37 barring serious physical ailment there is no reason a person should be complaining of the things you are. I turn 50 this year and still hang with our instructors in their late 20s and mid 30s on a weekly basis. Yep, I'm not as fast on my feet as I was at 30, but I'm also not dead either.

Wild Dog

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think my problems may be psychological, not physical. Ever since my partner was the inside man for a stick-up crew looking to make a score on my truck, and I was forced to take him out, I think that affected me more than I thought.

He was like a brother to me, we went vacations with each other's families together, he christened his son after me. It was all just too much. I know what I have to do, stop whining and regain the bark of the Wild Dog!!! Thank you my friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom