• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the current president suspended the election. Let's make ERGC great again. Call, email, send letters to the two boards. Take back your range.

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was explained to me .....our current status is in agreement with the NRA Underwriting the insurance for the club. I am told our current insurance status ALLOWS draw from holster. This change will end draw from holster shooting sports at ergc. The reason other close by clubs/ranges do not allow draw from holster is the insurance they carry WON'T Allow it. No draw from holster......no shooting sports. That is really all I need to know. #2 I also am to understand, we ( MEMBERS) were to be informed and agree to this kind of change, Pryor to any application being submitted. If in fact, the board did not follow protocols and went around the membership........that is good enough for me. They got to go.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Part of your president's platform for re-election to bring in Steel Challenge. All but two divisions (rimfire and PCC) require a holster.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I became the ERML Sportsman Foundation (501c3 organization) President last month and so am involved in this process.
    Escambia River Muzzle Loaders was set up with a 501c7 that oversees day to day operations. Later, a 501c3 was established to accept the land ownership from Escambia Country. The club does business as the Escambia River Gun Club.
    Last year, the 501c7 decided to become a 501c4 because, as stated by the club treasurer, that would avoid a tax issue. A 501c7 cannot have more than 15% of its income from non-member fees. The application was sent in with numerous mistakes in its statements but was the application granted by the IRS. Per the ERGC president, the club is now a 501c4.
    There are a number of concerns with this action - why was it not put to a vote by the membership? Why was the application sent in with mistakes? And the list goes on. Lots of emails have gone back and forth between the boards and between members and the 501c4.
    I have requested a meeting of the two boards, open to the membership, to discuss the club, the 501c4 and the upcoming election.
    As soon as a date and location is set, the Club will announce that information and I will pass it on here in the forum.

Jeff Clites
    President ERML Sportsman Foundation
    Jeff was the president required to involve the membership BEFORE an application was sent to the is ? If the answer is yes, that is good enough for me.......they have to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

helo_hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There has been a lot of discussion on this. The 501c4 (formerly c7 that oversees the day to day operations of the range) say no need to let the membership know about the change.

When I was the c7 President, anything that affected the club that way was put on the election slate to let the membership know. Something like this, I would of pushed to let the members view and discuss prior to making it happen.

Answer is that it depends on who is being asked.

Changing the subject, there will be a meeting of both boards of directors, open to the membership on Thursday 11 May, 6 pm in the D Lobby of Marcus Pointe Baptist Church. Please pass the word and please attend.

Elections are to be held in June.

Jeff Clites

Top Bottom