DK Firearms

Stolen firearm (occurred either in Niceville or Navarre)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My apologies if this is the wrong forum to let people know about a stolen firearm but I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone a heads up.

Firearm: Smith and Wesson 642 Airweight

Serial #: CVE7685

Details: I purchased it approx 2 yrs ago and sold it to my friend/coworker who lived in Niceville. He recently moved from Niceville to Navarre. Once moved in, he and his wife discovered that the revolver was missing. More than likely one of the movers discovered it in the clothing drawer that they kept it in, and decided to steal it. My friend told me about it earlier this week and asked me if I knew the serial # so that he can report it. Fortunately I keep copies of all my records, though I also found out the store that did my FFL transfer still had it on file in case I couldn't find the paperwork. Once I passed him the serial # he filed a police report. He also notified the moving company and they told him to file a claim so they can reimburse him for it.

So I'm posting this in case someone happens to get an offer for the revolver. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I used to be in the moving business.. if you have replacement value insurance, and IF the gun was on the inventory list, you have a good chance of recovering money, but doubtful the gun will ever surface..

if you did not have on the inventory, it doesn't sound good

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    As retired USN, I moved around a lot. Guess what accompanied me in my vehicle, every single time? Yup, my guns. To be fair, at the time, all I owned was a Bushmaster Ar15, Mossberg 500 tactical and a Beretta M9. Now? I'd need a U-haul for the weapons and ammo.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    We moved from nj to fla last year as we are an older couple and a renta wreck truck was not on the menu for us . We got 4/5 estimates from well known movers and went with 7 k ALL of them said no ammo ,most said no firearms . So boxes were marked quilting frame and exercise equipment . Ammo was put in large plastic bins ,taped shut and marked 63 oldsmobile power steering box ,olds transmission parts etc . i looked at it like if all the bang bang stuff got jacked i am out less than 20 k ....yawn... i will buy newer and better here ,which ironically i have been doing . I did super hide all the bolts to the rifles though so well it took me a couple of weeks to find them . We drove to fla in a small sports car with our small dog so no gat stuff would fit anywhere in the car

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just a reminder to victims of gun thefts.

NCIC/FCIC entries for firearms, among other things, are non-purging records, they stay in the system until the entering agency removes them or they self-purge via a locate message sent by a recovering agency post hit-confirmation process.

Keep a copy of the original theft report and contact the agency annually to make sure they have your current contact information. I suggest you keep a log of your contacts with the agency.

During routine NCIC/FCIC record entries, you run the risk of having your entry purged if you are incommunicado.

You just never know when or where your stolen firearm will surface. I've actually recovered stolen firearms that were almost ten years in the system in the possession of a lawyer, he had no idea they were stolen... it happens.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was involved in a roll over wreck in 2020! My pistol was in my coat pocket which flew out the window and down the interstate! As they were putting me in the ambulance, I told the State Trooper that my pistol was in my jacket pocket. She went and found it and brought it to us at the ER, minus the jacket???? Not sure what that was about but the people I paid to transport the car, stole the magazines, ammo, tools and about everything they could take! File a police report! Waste of time! My nephew works for a tow company in the Tampa area! They brag about what they stole from cars towed!
    I moved 11 times in the military! Anything not put on the inventory almost never shows up at the destination! They have taught a generation that there is no God and they are just animals! So guess what, they act like animals. Actually animals act much better!

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I remember hearing about the police office in town who stole a camera from a car wreck scene he was working many years ago. He bragged about it to other officers and they ended up firing him. Why can't we just start chopping hands off?

Top Bottom