• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got back from a Beulah community crime meeting. We called a special session to address some recent stuff that's been going down. Had a rep from ECSO come to speak and give advice.

Of course this old problem comes up again and again. Lock your vehicles! Don't leave guns in your truck/car overnight! I preach this at every Neighborhood Watch meeting and sure as hell someone out here gets a pistol ripped off. Usually it's an unlocked car but occasionally there is a smash and grab.

DON'T LEAVE GUNS IN VEHICLES OVERNIGHT!!!!!!! C'mon guys, every time one gets stolen that's one more for the bad guys and it makes us gun owners look irresponsible.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Don't leave guns out of your immediate control. Ever. Simple enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Don't leave guns out of your immediate control. Ever. Simple enough.

I leave the older bigger caliber guns in charge when I leave the room or the house.....

never ever leave a .22short subsonic in charge....they are terrible...no responsibility at all...casings everywhere, holes in the wall....bad scene

the biden double barrel 12ga is the most responsible one of the bunch..no nonsense around him...pickup your own damn casings you little punks...very strict

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And . . . the 300BLK's will sell the rest of the subordinate guns if you go away for the weekend. The Hi-Points and Wilson Combats will be the first to go.
    Out Beulah way the new construction is everywhere. Not only NavFed but I did not even recognize the old airport. Still quite a few houses going up in Nature Trail,not to mention several other housing projects and huge apartment complex starts.
    There is also the huge project of widening 9 Mile Rd,all the way west from hwy29 to out past NavFed. Many migrant workers. Many unknowns. Tons of "deplorables". Even worse . . . . . ACTUALLY . . . . the worse of the worse ---> Hillary supporters. Ugh !!! ---SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't mean to imply that it's just Beulah. This area still beats the shit out of 90% of Escambia County as far as low crime but with the buildup it's getting worse.

One thing that's happening now all over is groups coming into an area and swarming: Hitting every vehicle on a particular road. If it's locked they move to the next, seldom breaking in through windows or doors. I have a neighbor that damned sure knows better that had his gun stolen. I got up one morning to see some deputies in front of his house. He sees me so comes stomping over to ask if my cars had been messed with. Nope, mine are locked plus you get lit up like daylight if you get near my house. He goes on all indignant about getting ripped off then tells me he left his truck unlocked near the street and his Glock in the console. Sorry, no sympathy here.

What's going on here that's a bit disconcerting is that there is a gang of kids that go walking around on weekend nights vandalizing, cutting fences and letting horses out, just all kinds of stupid stuff. But get this: they're wearing ghillie suits. One neighbor spotted a kid crouched on the side of his house trying to hide in one of those getups. Do you want to get shot? Because that's how you get shot. If I saw that in my yard I would assume the worst, especially since you can't see a weapon hidden under all that.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    buddy of mine, a ferrier, had his new Toyota Tundra built with a vault in the middle console. Its more secure than in his house (saying this as to give ideas of security measures), locks with a thumbdial code system, takes up little usable room in the console, and is bolted to the vehicle, not installed to the console. I saw this yesterday and was very impressed.

Even then, He STILL DOES NOT LEAVE HIS WEAPON IN VEHICLE!!! Think People, just think

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my friends just had a brand new Glock 19 stolen out of his truck last week. He is in Afghanistan and his wife had to deal with it too. ! Not cool. It was still in the box and he just forgot to take it out before he shipped out. I hope they catch all scum thieves!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While the kids swarming isn't a big problem in Baker we have our share of B&E's
    Growing up we could stay gone all summer with the house unlocked up until about 1980 and the crime had gotten worse every year since

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With all the times you hear of this I just don't know why anyone would be dumb enough to leave a gun in a vehicle. The ones that do this and then don't lock the doors are a special kind of stupid

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    used to be one of these in 90% of the pickup trucks in America..taken more deer than any other caliber...

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Doe I shot a week and a half ago at 110 yards was shot with my trusty Marlin 30-30 and didn't go more than 30 or 40 yards before ending up dead. I'm using Federal 150 Grain Deer Thumpers and it left about a 2" exit hole taking some rib bone with it! Great round and when I'm hunting fields that aren't anymore than 120-130 yards I take my 30-30, for anything longer I take my .308 because I can even though I know I'm pretty good with my 30-30 out to about 200 yards!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I routinely leave several guns in my truck. They are all loaded with several rds that have a compressed load of Norma R-1,with bullet seated with a healthy application of red Loc Tite. ---SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I routinely leave several guns in my truck. They are all loaded with several rds that have a compressed load of Norma R-1,with bullet seated with a healthy application of red Loc Tite. ---SAWMAN

that will leave a mark....ouch

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We've got a ton of homeless that walk around at night,
    checking car doors all over town...
    if anyone leaves anything valuable in an unlocked car...
    well...Duh Huh is the best I've got for ya ;)

Altho, word definitely got around about the apt complex
    I live in...found one fool messing with doors,
    so commanded my dog Alex to Stand By,
    told him he'd best not EVER be seen in the area again,
    or I'd let the Rotty eat him for dinner, and let him run like heck.
    Ain't seen him or any others in the complex since...
    also run a Simply Safe Vidcam from my apt to cover the parking lot just in case :)

Also, some smart crooks learn German so they can confuse K9 dogs...
    which will help them to get away...which can work...but only if the dog was trained in German...mine were trained in Klinzai...which sounds kinda like German,
    but Oh My, what they'll do to someone who shouts Blieb or Platz!! :D

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We've got a ton of homeless that walk around at night,
    checking car doors all over town...
    if anyone leaves anything valuable in an unlocked car...
    well...Duh Huh is the best I've got for ya ;)

Altho, word definitely got around about the apt complex
    I live in...found one fool messing with doors,
    so commanded my dog Alex to Stand By,
    told him he'd best not EVER be seen in the area again,
    or I'd let the Rotty eat him for dinner, and let him run like heck.
    Ain't seen him or any others in the complex since...
    also run a Simply Safe Vidcam from my apt to cover the parking lot just in case :)

Also, some smart crooks learn German so they can confuse K9 dogs...
    which will help them to get away...which can work...but only if the dog was trained in German...mine were trained in Klinzai...which sounds kinda like German,
    but Oh My, what they'll do to someone who shouts Blieb or Platz!! :D

Sweet! I should have started mine earlier. He's a good boy though and I've seen him alert. He knows what's going on.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thread revival - reminder. I had someone go through my truck last night along with a bunch of other people in the neighborhood. I usually lock my vehicle but must have forgot to. Luckily I don't leave firearms in my truck and they somehow missed an envelope with cash in it. It fell between the seats when they were digging through my shit.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Luckily my truck is programed to lock itself after 10 minutes of inactivity. When I first got it,it was a PITA. Come home with groceries,take a bag or two into the house,get distracted with something,get back to the truck 11 minutes later . . . LOCKED !!
    NOW . . . no problem . . . I always have the key fob with me,clipped to mybelt loop. ---- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Last night my wife and I went out to dinner.
    When we came out of the restaurant, we headed to our SUV.
    I opened the door assuming that the key fob in my wife’s purse had unlocked it.
    I got in and things didn’t look right. There was cloth interior and ours is leather.
    There was a strange purse on the passenger floorboard.
    I got out and told my wife “this isn’t our car.”
    Ours was parked one vehicle over. This was the same color, make and model as ours.
    The point being, somebody had left their car unlocked at a very busy restaurant with their purse sitting in the floorboard. Not smart.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So what was in the purse, how much did you get??

I can see Sawman when everything locks itself carrying around 20 key fobs on his belt!

Top Bottom