DK Firearms

Where can I find an IDPA Gun Sizing Box?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Does anyone know where I can get an IDPA Gun Sizing Box? IDPA HQ doesn't have them on their website anymore and I've done alot of Google searching and found nothing, other than pictures of boxes people have built themselves.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I saw that one but it doesn't have a lid and some of the divisions have depth restrictions. Case in point, I know someone who got DQ'ed at the IDPA Florida State Championships because the offical IDPA match box would not close down on his magwell in the ESP division.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I saw that one but it doesn't have a lid and some of the divisions have depth restrictions. Case in point, I know someone who got DQ'ed at the IDPA Florida State Championships because the offical IDPA match box would not close down on his magwell in the ESP division.

It says you're supposed to slide a straight edge across the top of the box. If the straight edge doesn't hit your gun, you're good.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Yea, I understand that but at the major matches they use an actual box so I'd like to use what they use to make sure any new mods I make to my guns will clear.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've emailed them about it, but don't see it listed anywhere on their website, especially in "The Range Bag" tab under range needs. Hopefully, they will respond to the email, otherwise I will call Monday.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I have contacted a plastics house here in Pensacola and sent them the IDPA Box and Insert dimensions and they are working on manufacturing prices for me. Going to post a separate thread and see if any other IDPA shooters might want one as the more I order the more the price goes down.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I received the one I ordered from IDPA HQ today via UPS. I called them Tues and asked them why it wasn't listed on their site and girl said that when they run low on inventory they take it off the website so only clubs can order them, so I did. I will have it at the SO class Saturday and at the match on Sunday. The inserts are still in the wooden box at the range so I won't have them with me on Saturday. My note from the woman on the phone said that they normally can't sell the box without the inserts. I didn't need the inserts since they had already sent them to me months ago. So, if you just want to size your gun now and then I will have it at the range, but if you want your own, go for it. You might try calling IDPA hq to see if they have any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom