• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Triple Seven 50 Caliber 50 Grain Muzzleloading Pellets or American Pioneer Powder substitute pellets, any input on this substitute on which one is the better one to go with? :hippie:

Thanks
    In Advance
    bobinbusan

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I use White Hots. Just as it says, it's White powder, and burns clean and hotter. Higher FPS than using Blackpowder. It is a Blackpowder substitute, but is legal to use, as most States now have "Muzzle-loader" Seasons (where the word Blackpowder has been omitted in the wording), opposed to the old "Blackpowder" Season.

http://www.imrpowder.com/white-hots.html

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks, all I know for sure is that you better run a cleaning patch about every third round?

I like Trip7, it's a good powder, and you're right, you have to clean the barrel after a few firings. But with the White Hots, you can go all season without cleaning until you put it up for the season. Now I'm not saying to shoot it 20x a day for 2 months w/o cleaning, but I am saying you can shot 10+ times before just running a wipe down the barrel. The pellets are preformed to be equivalent to 50 grains but it takes less powder than that of blackpowder. It's really good stuff and is way cleaner. I'll give you some pellets if you want to try it out.

Top Bottom