• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any updates on this. I have a receiver that is begging to get built. Wanted to do something other than 5.56.
    Been doing a bit of research on doing a 7.62, looks like a fun rifle when it functions right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have run over 300 rounds through this rifle since completion with out a single failure. No issues what so ever and it has ate every brand on the shelf so far. If you research which parts to build it with and go with those then you won't have the issues.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome thanks for the info. I think I will put one together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    He said he bought the upper from ziarmory on Gunbroker then changed the handguard and added a Delta Team Nitride BCG.

Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some reason I don't get notifications for this forum... it's selected in my User CP but still don't get anything.

Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BTW guys I have $265 in the upper, $115 in the Nitride BCG, $179 in the lower, mags were $20 a piece. $30 in scope mount, $149 in the scope, $20 in the bipod and the extra expense on the Seekins Ultra Light Super Slim Keymod handguard, not gonna post that price because the upper came with one and yall know what those Seekins run. So I have a total of $750 in this rifle with all the extras on it. Not bad at all.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I finally decided to build one. I got the complete upper including BCG from Sander's Armory and got an Aero lower build kit from Nate at Little Jack's Guns. I am running C P Defense mags and so far they are feeding fine. I had 10 out of 70 rounds fail to fire due to hard primers. I just installed a Wollf extra power hammer spring and should have my enhanced firing pin today. I will shoot it some more Wednesday. I am shooting Wolf and Tulammo and it seems very accurate even with it. Very happy so far.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anymore trouble out of it with the new pin and spring?

Not one bit of trouble since. I am at 130 rounds so far and not a single problem with feeding. The ten rounds that had light primer strikes all fired the first time with the new pin and spring when I ran them back through.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also installed the improved firing pin and extra power spring. it seems to work now, but the trigger pull increased. I added three tungsten wts to the buffer to slow down the bolt and now magazines seem to feed 100%. My upper is a bear creek arsenal. I need to do a lot more shooting with it.

Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to keep this updated. Rifle is still poking pigs. Upgraded the scope a bit though... Puslar Trail xp38. I've tried every rifle I have for hog hunting and this rifle with some cheap wolf 123gr hollow points drops them everytime.

Attachments

• 20181105_222057.jpg
      20181105_222057.jpg
      927.4 KB · Views: 138

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to keep this updated. Rifle is still poking pigs. Upgraded the scope a bit though... Puslar Trail xp38. I've tried every rifle I have for hog hunting and this rifle with some cheap wolf 123gr hollow points drops them everytime.
    A well aimed bullet that penetrates always brings home the bacon.

Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True but I've shot them with a 300wsm in the bread basket and had em run off. Shot em with 308, 300blk, 243, 224 Valkyrie. What is best about the 7.62x39 is the price of them bullets. Way easier to swallow $0.39 a round vs $1.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True but I've shot them with a 300wsm in the bread basket and had em run off. Shot em with 308, 300blk, 243, 224 Valkyrie. What is best about the 7.62x39 is the price of them bullets. Way easier to swallow $0.39 a round vs $1.
    The 7.63x39 is relatively slow compared to the other rounds with exception of the 300 BO. At close ranges I have seen autopsy photos of pigs shot with the cheap wolf FMJ at close range. The slugs keyholed, penetrated the entire hog and did not exit. I suspect you got good performance out of the hollow point also.
    Properly aimed and good penetration.
    From your viewpoint they worked for you and that is all the proof you need. Many people hunting under conditions of this region like the 7.62x39 for hog hunting. In the past the SKS was often used and it worked for people. SKS rifles are not $100 anymore and the prices of shootable ARs have dropped. Even ruger has made the mini in 7.62x39. It is a good hunting cartridge and it is cheap.

Doradohunter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Next build will be a 6.8 SPC gonna convert over my 224 Valkyrie. Decided I dont really have the desire to shoot paper target and dont want to use the Valkyrie for a hunting round.

Top Bottom