• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay, okay. Rest up and take a breath. We will have the Classifier on both match dates. Something NEW !!! I have created TWO match Preregistrations so we can make sure everyone gets a chance to shoot in the Classifier this month, if YOU ARE AN IDPA member. Preference is first given to IDPA members with a valid member number. IF we have a few slots left over to the max of 32 per match, we will allow non-IDPA members to shoot IF THEY HAVE SUFFICIENT MAGAZINES and SPEEDLOADERS. Please don't ask your friends to show up and try IDPA in the Classifier and they don't have all their equipment and slow us down.

Match preregistration will open Tuesday Sep. 6 for both matches and end at 900pm the night before the match. I am sure they will be filled by then. PLEASE VERIFY your classification on www.IDPA.com when making your preregistration so there won't be any need for corrections later on. Just go to WWW.IDPA.com and look up your class for your desired division.

To select your match go to https://practiscore.com/clubs/nwfdps to select the match starting next Tuesday. I hope this works out well.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    90 shots will be counted so you'll probably want to bring a good extra in case of reshoots or problems. Maybe another box of 50 to make sure. AT LEAST FIVE MAGS to be able to do all your mag switch/changes. This makes things SO MUCH EASIER. For Revolver shooters, at least SIX or more speed loaders.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hipower don't know if this is something you be interested in

for sale:

Shooting USA Steel Challenge Package

This package consists of:

5 Steel Challenge bases
    5 Steel Challenge top caps
    4 10 inch 3/8 thick AR500 round plates
    5 12 inch 3/8 thick AR500 round plates
    4 18x24 3/8 thick AR500 rectangular plates

This package allows you to set up any one of the eight Steel Challenge packages at your own range at your own discretion.

Absolutely no dents - holes nor chipped.

$1399 plus (I was quoted for $360 shipping) from http://nevcotargets.com/steel.html

yours for $1200, your saving is $559

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is a good savings but with our current trailer situation and existing equipment, I don't know we have the room to store it.

n00b

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can someone provide a link to information on how the classifier is run? Will only 3 mags really hold things up? If we're shooting 90 rounds and the minimum is 5 mags and we are only supposed to have 10 rds per mag, we're going to have to reload anyway. Excuse the ignorance, but I'm a noob to all of this. I don't want to go drop $100 on a couple more mags (and more for mag pouches) that I will never otherwise use. I saw some Pro Mags at Academy for less but I read online that pro mags suck.

Thanks

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    google idpa classifier there are some really good video`s on the subject. hint #1 don't miss the opening head shots. hint # 2 practice your 20yd shots #3 practice strong and weak hand. #4 don't drop a loaded mag or two in stage 3...........................ask me how I know LOL. if a couple folks are interested I would be happy to set up a practice classifier at ergc during the week

KBL251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Classifier

Can someone provide a link to information on how the classifier is run? Will only 3 mags really hold things up? If we're shooting 90 rounds and the minimum is 5 mags and we are only supposed to have 10 rds per mag, we're going to have to reload anyway. Excuse the ignorance, but I'm a noob to all of this. I don't want to go drop $100 on a couple more mags (and more for mag pouches) that I will never otherwise use. I saw some Pro Mags at Academy for less but I read online that pro mags suck.

Thanks

if you go to IDPA's website the Classifier rules are there. It goes over the courses of fire and what not.

Also, try looking at some Classifiers on youtube. That will give you a good familiarization to what's going to happen.

My first two IDPA events happened to both be Classifiers and I didn't have a clue really. The guys out there are super cool and will help you out getting through it.

You can manage with 3 magazines. Just have a pocket with a few rounds to load in real quick, if necessary.

Definitely stay away from the Pro-Mag magazines. Magpuls are good and original Glock magazines are always a safe bet.

Brian

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Three magazines will be ok. Depending on what you are shooting, someone probably has extra. If it starts slowing things up someone can reload a mag or two for you.

n00b

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the input. I'll watch a few videos and check the IDPA website. I can pop 10 rounds in a magazine pretty quickly. I couldn't find any MecGar mags and I'm afraid it's too late to get anything here in time for this weekend.

KBL251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Hipower,

I've never seen the squadding appear the way it does right now on Practiscore. Normally it doesn't show any squads until it's ready for you to pick a squad. Currently it shows the 4 squads but you are not able to squad up. I was curious if we will be able to squad as usual for this Sunday at some point? Thanks.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't understand why Practiscore would not allow you to squad as I checked the appropriate boxes to let you squad after you preregistered WITHOUT being approved or automatically approving you. Gonna have to check with some higher ups on Practiscore on what I am doing wrong. However, all are approved for both matches, so go ahead and choose your squads.

KBL251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't understand why Practiscore would not allow you to squad as I checked the appropriate boxes to let you squad after you preregistered WITHOUT being approved or automatically approving you. Gonna have to check with some higher ups on Practiscore on what I am doing wrong. However, all are approved for both matches, so go ahead and choose your squads.

On my personal management page it says "Once we have received payment you will be able to squad."

I really don't care who's squad I'm in, as long me (Brian Lowell) and my road partner (Robbie Lightfoot) are squadded together. I was just trying to not slow anything down on the range as far as squadding goes.

Thanks for trying to fix the problem Mike.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The payment problem is now properly handled. No payment required before match approval. You can all squad now on Sept. 18 match. Working on Sept. 24 match should be corrected within 15 minutes of this posting.

Rick-O-Shay

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its Sat and raining. Supposed to rain on Sunday, lets hope the weatherman is wrong..... C u at da match.

Top Bottom