• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I was able to pick up my M&P9 today from Nate. I bought it from Buds for $353 shipped with insurance. It came with three mags that all have quite a bit of finish wear on the corners. It also came in the original box with sm, md and large back straps, and the spent shell casing from the factory. The serial on the shell casing envelope matches my gun and says it was test fired in 2008.

Really the only places where the finish is worn through is on the corners of the night sights. The night sights still glow but being my first set I have nothing to compare them to. The magazine well looks like the magazines have been ran in and out about a million times. Honestly the inside of the well and the outside of the gun look like two different guns. Every review of trade in guns says they are filthy and this one did not disappoint. It is unbelievable to me still that someone that bets their life on a gun would let one get this dirty.

Overall I am very happy so far. It is pretty much exactly what I was expecting and for the price I don't think it will ever decrease in value. I plan on cleaning it tonight and trying it out tomorrow.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the pictures, it looks pretty good. Except for the built up, but that's fixable.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nice write up Murfpcola. I really like the M&P pistols and at that price it's hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I took it out to some family land today and put about 50 or so rounds through it. I took each magazine and put 15 rounds in each one and they all worked fine. I shot a mixture of Federal aluminum, Fiochi brass, and Blazer Brass and had no malfunctions of any kind. I did not get to do any bench rest shooting to test the accuracy. I have done some reading on the different types of barrels the M&Ps have been through and mine does not have any "dimples" so I assume it is one of the older ones. There is plenty of reading on that topic if one is interested. I bought it as an affordable high capacity night stand gun and it will work great for that.

Top Bottom