• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had a marauder for a little over a year now, but have held off on purchasing anything more sophisticated because I'm worried about being able to locate HPA. I don't mind pumping my mrod but want to buy a tank before taking the hobby any further.I have called a couple dive shops in Pensacola. One Informed me they don't fill "paintball tanks" and the other would only fill to 3000 psi. Its been a little while since I've called, I do not remember which ones I contacted. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Also, has anyone ever had any luck finding used airguns and pcp equipment in our area?

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am not sure where to get a HPA Tanks filled around here. The fire extinguisher place on Creighton Road may do it.

I have my own setup to fill up to 4500 PSI.

I would offer to fill your tank if you are in the Milton area and I am home.

Also what type of PCP stuff are you looking for locally? I mail order most everything.

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just yesterday I talked to Dive Pros in Pensacola and they told me they could do it. I appreciate your offer to help me out on getting it filled. Now that I know I can get it filled locally I'm looking a 75 cubic ft tank from Airguns of Arizona, it seems to be about the best deal around.

As far as used equipment I've been searching around Craigslist for a tank or rifle, but it seems our hobby hasn't quite caught on in this area yet.

I have a Maurader gen 2 in .22 but just can't get the 50 yard groups that I want. I'm shooting groups of about .5" at 30 yards but they really open up at 50 (1.5"-2" with frequent flyers). After I find a bottle, and get over the sticker shock, I'm looking at one of the new FX bullpups. I like the Impact but I also like the Wildcat with the lower price.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I buy all my HPA stuff from Joe here...

http://www.airtanksforsale.com/

Also if you are interested. There is a guy I know that does tunes and trigger jobs. I shipped him my Benji airguns. Both my Mauraders .22 and .25 are tack drivers.

Also yes HPA stuff is not cheap and stay away from cheaply made stuff not worth the risk. When you are playing with 4500 PSI + I only want the best!!!

Last edited:

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, he's got nice stuff. I ended up buying one from him because it had a second gauge to read internal tank pressure for only $40 more. I'm am very pleased with it. I also just took delivery of my FX Wildcat on Wednesday. I am blown away at how nice it is and the accuracy is phenomenal. I stretched it out to 75 yards yesterday and got one ragged hole(1/2"-3/4") from multiple 8 shot groups! The only thing I think I'll need now is a good moderator and few thousand more JSBs....lol.

I am trying to sell my Marauder in the non-firearms for sale section if anyone is interested. I'll also entertain any reasonable trade offers.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice... Did the Air Stripper come with it as stock? or did you add that.

I just upgraded the one on my .25 Vulcan....

JCWRX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No I added those when I ordered. Fx calls them stackable baffles. I have 4 installed here, they make the rifle noticeably quieter but I'll be looking into a true moderator soon. I want "mouse fart" quiet. As it is, the rifle is just a tick more noisy than my Marauder.

gtkillerv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great Choice!

MAN! I wish I got in on this when it was active, but work sucks, and keeps me busy...too busy

Love the Wildcat! My wife has the 25 cal, and it is also a tack driver, and super effecient with air. Would love to add the 22 cal to my collection.

I don't think the 22 Marauder would ever give you a tight group at 50 without some work, but the 25 Marauder does, but it also has a Green Mountain barrel.

We should all get together and do some shooting, or possibly go out and do some small game hunting. I'm not a hunter, but have been wanting to give it a go with the air rifles.

Keith

USMCShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the weather cools down a little and KenDive is home, we'll have to get an airgun shoot day put together!

gtkillerv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes I am sure gtkillerv would like to do that again...
    Yes sir, I'm in!!

But wait, we dont have to wait for kendive. We are all big boys. He doesn't have to supervise.
    No offense kendive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes sir, I'm in!!

But wait, we dont have to wait for kendive. We are all big boys. He doesn't have to supervise.
    No offense kendive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We have to wait for kendive if we plan on shooting at his property. Ha ha... Tag your it!!!

But yes you all can go do what you want otherwise.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I stopped shooting mine as all the pumping is a PIA and very hard to do...do not get one without a way to fill without pumping, well unless you are under 35 and love to exercise!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I stopped shooting mine as all the pumping is a PIA and very hard to do...do not get one without a way to fill without pumping, well unless you are under 35 and love to exercise!

I thought you were gonna get ya a Scuba Tank and an adapter for the K valve. Easy to fill then...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have you tried the local Fire Department? That's where I took my tank.
    Extra bonus: meet some great folks. Super humble and friendly.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No I have not, between the tank and valves and hoses I was too confused to continue. Just use my 22 with no power loads or light loads to be just as quiet.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I buy all my HPA stuff from Joe here...

http://www.airtanksforsale.com/

Also if you are interested. There is a guy I know that does tunes and trigger jobs. I shipped him my Benji airguns. Both my Mauraders .22 and .25 are tack drivers.

Also yes HPA stuff is not cheap and stay away from cheaply made stuff not worth the risk. When you are playing with 4500 PSI + I only want the best!!!

WHO ARE THEY AND DO THEY ALSO WORK ON JINSHIN /DAEWOON LEVER ACTION PCP RIFLES?

Top Bottom