• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fathersday will be my 1 year anniversary for partial shooting . I have shot 20 idpa matchs, 4 uspsa , 5 carbine and 4 shotgun side matches. Missed a few matches the first of this month due to small medical issues. Decided to shoot a 100 rnd "tune up" of bill drills this morning. 7 yards fast as I can. Focus on front sight jump. 2 round. 3 round up to 6 rounds. Below are the results 98 alfa, 2 Charlies. This is all because of the people I shoot with! I am almost a senior, and have some health issues. Will I ever come in first? Probably not. But I will continue to have personal improvements. So on my one year anniversary, I would like to thank everyone who has helped with directions and advice. Looking forward to next year
    9963f4394655e4003ba24466ab87bba7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nice shooting sir! Practice shows!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    99% is enjoying the sport. If you shoot against yourself at every outing you will improve. A good day at the range is better than a great day at the office.....
    Ed

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Excellent control if you ask me,. I have been shooting for 50 years or so and wouldn't be able to do that good. Great Job Sir!

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent control if you ask me,. I have been shooting for 50 years or so and wouldn't be able to do that good. Great Job Sir!
    Thank you, but I am really a middle of the pac shooter. It is the advice and tutelage of the top of the pac shooters that have got me this far. I invite you to come put some holes in paper and ping some steel with us. If you enjoy guns ,shooting and the company of like minded people. You will have a blast

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir. It's starting to show in my match stats. 67 A , 12 chickens , 2 dogs and 2 Mikes for saturday. Having fun and improving.

Last edited:

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you sir. It's starting to show in my match stats. 67 A , 12 chickens , 2 dogs and 2 Mikes for saturday. Having fun and improving.

And one kneecap! :)

Sorry, couldn't resist that. I"m the guy that was bleeding all over the place. Actually found a piece of copper jacket in my knee when I got home.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AND one knee cap! sorry brother, bet your wife freaked! if you have any pics please post them. Helps re-enforce the need to have eyes and ears. Even in the loading areas. For those who didn't see it. This poor guy, on stage 2 / shooting is first match. caught a shrapnel of copper jacket in the knee, while I was shooting. Well behind the line. No fault on me or him. The wound would not stop bleeding. 3 hours later its still running red. covered his pants and filled his shoe!

PS great shooting for a first time! hope you had fun despite a little blood.

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I got a few surprised looks. And thanks. I had a blast and will definitely be back for more (shooting, not taking flak!) My holster should be in by next month so I can shoot my own gun. Although that CZ was sweet!

Here's a couple of pics of the carnage. IT's still amazing that something that small could cause so much blood!

Attachments

• 20160618_135700_resized.jpg
      20160618_135700_resized.jpg
      507.2 KB · Views: 223
    • 20160618_145210_resized.jpg
      20160618_145210_resized.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 223

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting ready for bolixi, mixed world. Practicing at ergc today. Reflecting back over this adventure. A year ago I could have NEVER made the shots in the following picuters. I make them now,because I payed attention to the jedi masters......... why did your gun jam? Answer "carma" the lesson, clean your mags. Take care of your gear. The devil is in the details (master stan)
    I ran right past the target,didn't even see it.....reply" who's fault is that?" Lesson, to be a serious shooter. You have to be serious. Prep plan execute. This is not a team sport. It's ALL on you. (Another master stan)

Accuracy, the dot torture. How can you make a shot. If you don't know the correct sight picture,to pull the trigger? Lesson know the exact sight picture, that signals trigger pull. (Master steven). The following pics demonstrate. 10 yards. @at timer, pull, see the correct piture, control gun pull trigger. So come Sunday my only excuse is me....
    110b12bbe960139430c82461b842998f.jpg
    ca4215283764b50e4cb03f830016ac4a.jpg
    5891394484e28f01fc247f29c1240e42.jpg

Mag dump. Fast as I can see it.

Thanks the the jedi masters. A year ago, I could not do this.
    Target at 10 yards

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice work! You've been putting in the time, that's for sure! I may see you out at the Mixed-Discipline match this weekend. I'm not shooting, but I plan on taking my wife to lunch over that way and I'll be making an appearance.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice work! You've been putting in the time, that's for sure! I may see you out at the Mixed-Discipline match this weekend. I'm not shooting, but I plan on taking my wife to lunch over that way and I'll be making an appearance.

and yet another Jedi master. it your not sure, or confused about how to shoot your stage and formulate a " stage plan" watch tennjeep1618 dissect the stage and make his game plan in the walk thru. not saying copy! how to break it down and formulate "your" own plan.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    and yet another Jedi master. it your not sure, or confused about how to shoot your stage and formulate a " stage plan" watch tennjeep1618 dissect the stage and make his game plan in the walk thru. not saying copy! how to break it down and formulate "your" own plan.

That's something I'm still working on. I learned a lot this past weekend by walking stages with some better shooters and asking them questions like "why this, not that?"

Top Bottom