Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Question Tc bbl 209x50ml katahdin prohunter 20" ss flxtech,

Anyone see any problems or issues with a 20 inch black powder barrel, need input on the good and bad on a 20 inch barrel?

TC BBL 209X50ML KATAHDIN PROHUNTER 20" SS FLXTECH,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thompson-Cen...AAAOSwy4hUSs5x

this Thompson Center Encore Prohunter TC4800 SS Katahdin muzzleloader barrel in 209 x 50 is brand new and still in the factory clam pack. It is 20" long

45 ACP
    I actually have this same barrel but unfortunately I am not any help. I've never shot it. I wanted the ProHunter and 7-08 barrel this fella had for sale and the Katahdin barrel came with the deal. I love the way it looks and feels on the frame. Sorry, I know that's probably not much help but if you wanted to shoot the one I have before you make the investment that would be fine with me.

Thanks, will contact you

Quote Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
    I actually have this same barrel but unfortunately I am not any help. I've never shot it. I wanted the ProHunter and 7-08 barrel this fella had for sale and the Katahdin barrel came with the deal. I love the way it looks and feels on the frame. Sorry, I know that's probably not much help but if you wanted to shoot the one I have before you make the investment that would be fine with me.

50 CAL
    I have messed with blackpowder rifles for awhile an I think it comes down to the powder u use, fine grain for short barrels an coarse grain for longer barrels, I used double FF in my 45 cal. senaca, an triple FFF in shorter barrel guns . If I am wrong someone correct me ??? denny in pace !!

A long time ago I had a T/C Omega cut down from 28 inches to right at 20 inches to use in the river swamps. I still have this gun,now with a Nikon scope with a M/L type BDC on top. Great gun now when used from a shooting house,ladder stand,or tent blind.

I use 3,Triple 7,50gr pellets behind either a 295gr HP Powerbelt or a 240gr Aero Tip Powerbelt. Works great. Fast and powerful. Stomps at both ends. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

Thanks sawman, feeling the need for 1 of the 209x50ml katahdin prohunter 20" ss flxtech barrels

Who did you use to cut your barrel down?

This was done approx 13years ago but the guy is still in buisness. Old Frontier Gunsmith. Just south of the corner of Hwy 29 and W. Roberts Rd.

This guy has a somewhat hard to deal with personality .... however he is a excellent machinist and gunsmith. Can't remember the cost ... too long ago. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

Stomps on both ends, not flinching R U ? Guess I need to go shoot the one I got now to check how bad it is

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    A long time ago I had a T/C Omega cut down from 28 inches to right at 20 inches to use in the river swamps. I still have this gun,now with a Nikon scope with a M/L type BDC on top. Great gun now when used from a shooting house,ladder stand,or tent blind.

I use 3,Triple 7,50gr pellets behind either a 295gr HP Powerbelt or a 240gr Aero Tip Powerbelt. Works great. Fast and powerful. Stomps at both ends. --- SAWMAN