• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone see any problems or issues with a 20 inch black powder barrel, need input on the good and bad on a 20 inch barrel?

TC BBL 209X50ML KATAHDIN PROHUNTER 20" SS FLXTECH,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thompson-Ce...877525?hash=item3d10eb8cd5:g:JmAAAOSwy4hUSs5x :help:

this Thompson Center Encore Prohunter TC4800 SS Katahdin muzzleloader barrel in 209 x 50 is brand new and still in the factory clam pack. It is 20" long

joebuck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually have this same barrel but unfortunately I am not any help. I've never shot it. I wanted the ProHunter and 7-08 barrel this fella had for sale and the Katahdin barrel came with the deal. I love the way it looks and feels on the frame. Sorry, I know that's probably not much help but if you wanted to shoot the one I have before you make the investment that would be fine with me.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, will contact you

I actually have this same barrel but unfortunately I am not any help. I've never shot it. I wanted the ProHunter and 7-08 barrel this fella had for sale and the Katahdin barrel came with the deal. I love the way it looks and feels on the frame. Sorry, I know that's probably not much help but if you wanted to shoot the one I have before you make the investment that would be fine with me.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have messed with blackpowder rifles for awhile an I think it comes down to the powder u use, fine grain for short barrels an coarse grain for longer barrels, I used double FF in my 45 cal. senaca, an triple FFF in shorter barrel guns . If I am wrong someone correct me ??? denny in pace !!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A long time ago I had a T/C Omega cut down from 28 inches to right at 20 inches to use in the river swamps. I still have this gun,now with a Nikon scope with a M/L type BDC on top. Great gun now when used from a shooting house,ladder stand,or tent blind.

I use 3,Triple 7,50gr pellets behind either a 295gr HP Powerbelt or a 240gr Aero Tip Powerbelt. Works great. Fast and powerful. Stomps at both ends. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This was done approx 13years ago but the guy is still in buisness. Old Frontier Gunsmith. Just south of the corner of Hwy 29 and W. Roberts Rd.

This guy has a somewhat hard to deal with personality .... however he is a excellent machinist and gunsmith. Can't remember the cost ... too long ago. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stomps on both ends, not flinching R U ? :hat: Guess I need to go shoot the one I got now to check how bad it is :third:

A long time ago I had a T/C Omega cut down from 28 inches to right at 20 inches to use in the river swamps. I still have this gun,now with a Nikon scope with a M/L type BDC on top. Great gun now when used from a shooting house,ladder stand,or tent blind.

I use 3,Triple 7,50gr pellets behind either a 295gr HP Powerbelt or a 240gr Aero Tip Powerbelt. Works great. Fast and powerful. Stomps at both ends. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom