Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    45 ACP
    Just out of curiosity here, and pure speculation. I don't have an opinion one way or the other as there's a lot of science contradicting itself. I can't tell if there is man made climate change happening or not, but..... What exactly is wrong with trying to better the environment by switching to more green practices? Do you nay sayers feel there's some conspiracy behind climate change? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the cons of this. As for the climate changers that believe full on it's happening, which model do you trust/believe in the most? There's so many that say the sea levels will rise X amount of feet, and so many that have said this and yet we haven't reached their predetermined mark. Either way, going green per se, doesn't much hurt anyone or anything as far as I can tell. Hell, I work in the oilfield and I am absolutely for utilizing solar and wind energy where it makes sense. We all only have this one rock we live on to call home. Why not make habitable for our children and grandchildren as we were able to experience it growing up.

The problem is not being more "green". The problem is being forced to it. The federal government makes laws and regulations forcing the citizens into alternatives that are more expensive (LED light bulbs), poorer functionality (low flow shower heads, toilets) or less safe (CAFE standards requiring smaller cars). Economic changes can drive this without the government interfering. If the price of electricity rises, people may choose LED bulbs. Same for water or the price of gasoline forcing behavioral changes. The federal government should be concerned with national defense and infrastructure. Everything else should be state and local issues.
    Protecting this country and it's communities isn't just the job of soldiers and police, but of every patriot who is capable.

3. Likes bohica793's Post:

I have removed all the restrictors out of my shower heads! The guy at the store removed the last one for me before I even went up to pay for it! I have slowly been changing out to LED when bulbs fail, they would sell better if they would come down in price IMO.
    Proud American and Air Force Veteran

12 GA
    My carbon foot print for a whole year is less than AL Gores planes foot print for one trip. I feel the ruling class should lead by example. They should be willing to give up some of their conveniences for the benefit of future health of the planet.
    The only reason to disarm a man is so you can force him to do something that you couldnít force him to do if he was armed.

6. 4 Like FLT's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    I have removed all the restrictors out of my shower heads!
    My understanding is that the newer shower heads no longer have a removable restrictor. You have to drill them out. As to carbon footprints, my mission in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al or Leo.
    Protecting this country and it's communities isn't just the job of soldiers and police, but of every patriot who is capable.

8. Likes bohica793's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bohica793 View Post
    My understanding is that the newer shower heads no longer have a removable restrictor. You have to drill them out. As to carbon footprints, my mission in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al or Leo.
    You can dig them out with a screwdriver, just bought one when my son came home from college for the summer and banned him from using my shower. His only complaint about using the shower in the spare bathroom was the low water flow, went to Lowe's and bought a new larger shower head and asked the guy how to remove the reduced flow restrictor, he took a sharp tipped flat tip screwdriver and dug it out no problem!
    Proud American and Air Force Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bohica793 View Post
    I heat with wood which give me a real big carbon foot print. But it is green since it is recyclable.
    Have not done it but have been thinking of making a solar black barrel water heater. Fill a drum full of water and let the sun warm it up.

Didnít know you could dig out the low flow restrictor, Iíve drilled all mine out. If I ever get a new one Iíll try to dig it out first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Member of an endangered species Florida Native 6th Generation

Follow the MONEY! Who paid for what studies/research and where results shift power to? Gov/EPA or private sector? Read deeply into the Carbon Credit Market. For an "environmental issue" it generates billions in profits and there is no provision for any of it to go back into environmental programs! How about Carbon Tax, Emissions Tax and Energy Tax, in the U.S. and industrialized Nations? Cash Cows with little if any of the revenue going towards the Environment.

Most people here are aware of how "desired result research funding" is done by the gun control crowd. Cherry pick data to get the desired and paid for result. Same goes for climate change.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

13. 3 Like wildrider666's Post: