• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    . I'd also have told him that the CC pushers completely ignore the fact that our planet's volcano's spew more CO2 into the atmosphere in one day than all the airliners, cars, ships and trains do in one month.

Sorry, this "fact" is actually a myth. Volcanos generate about 1% of the CO2 produced by us.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. Despite the arguments to the contrary, the facts speak for themselves: Greenhouse gas emissions from volcanoes comprise less than one percent of those generated by today’s human endeavors.

Another indication that human emissions dwarf those of volcanoes is the fact that atmospheric CO2 levels, as measured by sampling stations around the world set up by the federally funded Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, have gone up consistently year after year regardless of whether or not there have been major volcanic eruptions in specific years. “If it were true that individual volcanic eruptions dominated human emissions and were causing the rise in carbon dioxide concentrations, then these carbon dioxide records would be full of spikes—one for each eruption,” says Coby Beck, a journalist writing for online environmental news portal Grist.org. “Instead, such records show a smooth and regular trend.”
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

The burning of fossil fuels and changes in land use results in the emission into the atmosphere of approximately 34 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide per year worldwide, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). The fossil fuels emissions numbers are about 100 times bigger than even the maximum estimated volcanic CO2 fluxes. Our understanding of volcanic discharges would have to be shown to be very mistaken before volcanic CO2 discharges could be considered anything but a bit player in contributing to the recent changes observed in the concentration of CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/volcanoes-and-global-warming.htm

Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.

https://www.climate.gov/news-featur...-carbon-dioxide-volcanoes-or-human-activities

Add all of these up, and you get an estimate of around 645 million tons of CO2 per year. Yes, there are uncertainties; yes, there's annual variation; yes, it's easy to get led astray if you think that Mt. Etna is typical, rather than the unusually large emitter of CO2 that it is. When you realize that volcanism contributes 645 million tons of CO2 per year – and it becomes clearer if you write it as 0.645 billion tons of CO2 per year – compared to humanity's 29 billion tons per year, it's overwhelmingly clear what's caused the carbon dioxide increase in Earth's atmosphere since 1750.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...-co2-does-a-single-volcano-emit/#130c639d5cbf

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    are those the findings from the same people who give us the fake info on global warming in the first place?? Volcano's have emitted more pollution than all of mankind from the first day of our existence.

America has lowered its omissions while the worlds heaviest polluters have continued polluting. The USA could have 0 emissions and not change the worlds pollution more than 1%. The Paris climate accord was nothing but a money grab to steal from America and slow us down while allowing the major polluters to spew forth all they wanted to...a job killer and very costly for America while changing nothing.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I "liked" a facebook page physics-astronomy.com and I find their content and pictures interesting...good site for those that like that sort of thing. I was, however, disappointed at a couple of featured posts that portrayed alternate energy sources as viable in their current form as well as speaking of global warming/climate change like it was a hard, fast scientifically proven certainty...which it is certainly not and might even be on par with witchcraft/voodoo or maybe an incarnation of gaia environmentalism fueled by Al Gore's money!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    False science based on false facts, there is no man made Global anything. There are natural cycles the Earth has always gone through. 1 volcano popping off equals all the pollution crated from all mankind from the beginning. All this is is a money making scheme made up by those profiting from it,just look at crooked algore

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am thinking underwater volcanic activity could be warming the oceans in different areas of the world

the weather is a thing that changes over time,i do not think puny man can affect much worldwide...

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    False science based on false facts, there is no man made Global anything. There are natural cycles the Earth has always gone through. 1 volcano popping off equals all the pollution crated from all mankind from the beginning. All this is is a money making scheme made up by those profiting from it,just look at crooked algore

If money is influencing the Global Warming debate, then what make more sense that tens of thousands of climate scientist are in a secret vast conspiracy to encourage us to produce less Co2 or that big oil, big auto, and big energy are trying to protect their enormous profits by trying to convince us to ignore the scientist?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Better fuel mileage=$ saved
    Better insulation and low energy bulbs=$ saved
    Natural gas heater=not getting blindsided by gulf power "peak usage rates" in a hard freeze=$ saved

Being a hippie means saving money, which I use to buy assault weapons. And hemp necklaces.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The temperature at the North Pole went above freezing - in the middle of winter. Global warming is a fact. The only way one can call Global Warming BS or voodoo is to ignore the facts.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scient...north-pole-temperatures-in-the-dead-of-winter

The "facts"are mostly based on false, made up data. Weather is not climate....that weather and climate changes is an absolute...that human beings are causing it and that we will heat the Earth up to the point of being uninhabitable is pure fantasy. Humans are soooo insignificant, it is beyond comprehension....the earth is a speck of dust in an endless sea of sand.

The witchdoctors have been busy...my comment about gaia environmentalism is something you should research. As i read and learn about humans (I find us strangely interesting) one realizes that many of our beliefs, customs and thoughts are products of a by-gone era. This was never more obvious to me than when I began to look into, understand and study our political climate...for me this started about 2007. There are things in our society that are distinctly "European" in nature, like controlling abundant natural resources and restricting/rationing goods and services...that is a "european" way of thinking born from a day when wealth was dug up out of the earth and stolen from others by use of force. In the US, we coined the phrase "to make money". We are producers...if we don't have enough we make more, substitute and/or innovate.

Global warming and my reference to Gaia environmentalism is European in its roots....fundamentally its views the earth, Earth-mother or mother nature to us...and if we disrespect her, abuse or mistreat her, the earth father will punish us....ie global warming is going to kill us all! OMG!!! Better start using electric cars...better fund Al Gore's private jet...better cripple the US, cut back our carbon credits so more disadvantaged societies can jump on the gravy train! At best, this is un-proven psuedo-science and at worst it is a hoax of epic proportions perpetrated on the people of the United States...make no mistake about it...we are the subject of this conversation...not China

The Earth will go through cycles, it always has and always will. Solar activity is one of the larger influencers of climate and as I stated earlier, climate and weather are not the same. The ice on the ice caps is doing just fine...we need not worry...I believe I saw data that indicated it may have thickened slightly over the past decade. It is important to understand our nature (humans have a real problem with that) as we are a large pack of angry beavers and though I won't be here to say I told you so, I doubt our race will exist in 10,000 years and after anther 10,000 an alien will be hard pressed to even know we were here...and that is a blink of an eye in our cosmos.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The "facts"are mostly based on false, made up data. Weather is not climate....that weather and climate changes is an absolute...that human beings are causing it and that we will heat the Earth up to the point of being uninhabitable is pure fantasy. Humans are soooo insignificant, it is beyond comprehension....the earth is a speck of dust in an endless sea of sand.

The witchdoctors have been busy...my comment about gaia environmentalism is something you should research. As i read and learn about humans (I find us strangely interesting) one realizes that many of our beliefs, customs and thoughts are products of a by-gone era. This was never more obvious to me than when I began to look into, understand and study our political climate...for me this started about 2007. There are things in our society that are distinctly "European" in nature, like controlling abundant natural resources and restricting/rationing goods and services...that is a "european" way of thinking born from a day when wealth was dug up out of the earth and stolen from others by use of force. In the US, we coined the phrase "to make money". We are producers...if we don't have enough we make more, substitute and/or innovate.

Global warming and my reference to Gaia environmentalism is European in its roots....fundamentally its views the earth, Earth-mother or mother nature to us...and if we disrespect her, abuse or mistreat her, the earth father will punish us....ie global warming is going to kill us all! OMG!!! Better start using electric cars...better fund Al Gore's private jet...better cripple the US, cut back our carbon credits so more disadvantaged societies can jump on the gravy train! At best, this is un-proven psuedo-science and at worst it is a hoax of epic proportions perpetrated on the people of the United States...make no mistake about it...we are the subject of this conversation...not China

The Earth will go through cycles, it always has and always will. Solar activity is one of the larger influencers of climate and as I stated earlier, climate and weather are not the same. The ice on the ice caps is doing just fine...we need not worry...I believe I saw data that indicated it may have thickened slightly over the past decade. It is important to understand our nature (humans have a real problem with that) as we are a large pack of angry beavers and though I won't be here to say I told you so, I doubt our race will exist in 10,000 years and after anther 10,000 an alien will be hard pressed to even know we were here...and that is a blink of an eye in our cosmos.

So true and well said...you post should be THE END, but unfortunately the poorly informed will come on and troll you

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So true and well said...you post should be THE END, but unfortunately the poorly informed will come on and troll you

It is ironic that those of us who stand with the 99% of climate scientist who believe that mankind is indeed affecting the climate are called "ignorant", while those of you who who are ignoring these scientist because of a belief in a vast conspiracy are "informed".

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt our race will exist in 10,000 years and after anther 10,000 an alien will be hard pressed to even know we were here...and that is a blink of an eye in our cosmos.

I hope you are wrong about that, because in 10,000 years I will jut be hitting my stride. :)

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    the 99% of scientist is a false fact too 99% of the few they paid to say that or who make money off gw as they call it today because they were wrong calling it cooling a few years ago and again wrong when it was warming, none of it happened. The majority of scientists not paid to say differently say it is a hoax that has been fed to the sheeple!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know who's right, but really who cares what happens a thousand years from now? If and that's a big if there's anyone still alive they won't know and won't care who any one on this forum is or was. Personally I believe it made a lot of people richer, and that's about all that it's done that I can see. Some folks just like to argue that's what they do. It's their reason to wake up each day.I've found that most folks are not any thing like they want there Internet person to be. I find the Internet bad asses to be just that and not much more. Cheers gentlemen and have a wonderful rest of your day.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, I found this on NASA site. It is a listing of all of the American scientific organizations who agree that climate change is real and is the result of human activity.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Statement on climate change from 18 scientific associations

"Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

American Association for the Advancement of Science
    "The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (2006)

American Chemical Society
    "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." (2004)

American Geophysical Union
    "Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)

American Medical Association
    "Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant." (2013)

American Meteorological Society
    "It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)

American Physical Society
    "The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)

The Geological Society of America
    "The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)

U.S. National Academy of Sciences
    "The scientific understanding of climate change is now sufficiently clear to justify taking steps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere." (2005)

U.S. Global Change Research Program
    "The global warming of the past 50 years is due primarily to human-induced increases in heat-trapping gases. Human 'fingerprints' also have been identified in many other aspects of the climate system, including changes in ocean heat content, precipitation, atmospheric moisture, and Arctic sea ice." (2009, 13 U.S. government departments and agencies)

Here is a link to a 71 page document that describes the actions that US Governmental agencies are taking to address climate change

https://www.c2es.org/site/assets/up...daptation-what-federal-agencies-are-doing.pdf

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    NASA under obama was bought and paid for to create the myth of global warming, no surprise there for them to fund a lies and liars

Top Bottom