• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Predictions need to be teamed with the margin of error in the calculations. Also predictions by a group of scientists can be vastly different from those of another group. The question is what the reliability of the technology/methods that are being used for the forecasts is.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Predictions need to be teamed with the margin of error in the calculations. Also predictions by a group of scientists can be vastly different from those of another group. The question is what the reliability of the technology/methods that are being used for the forecasts is.
    Ok, you lost me. Are you agreeing? Or disagreeing ?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, you lost me. Are you agreeing? Or disagreeing ?
    I am sorry that I lost you. I commenting about the reliability of the quoted claim. Not really enough information is presented in what was quoted for me to agree or disagree with what was in the quote.
    On the basis of other evidence of which I am aware the earth overall at this point in time is warming, but I am not sure over a hundred years by how much and also how the sea levels will change.
    The tundra is said to be thawing which seems to be a good indicator of increasing temperature.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. The fact that Al Gore bought a 5 million dollar sea side estate not long ago gives me some hope that I don't have anything to worry about for a few years as I'm sure he's better informed that we are.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The inconvenient truth, former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a house in secluded Montecito, Calif., to their real estate holdings.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on a gated ocean-view villa on 1 1/2 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, according to real estate sources familiar with the deal. The Italian-style house has high ceilings with beams in the public rooms, a family room, a wine cellar, terraces, six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms in more than 6,500 square feet of living space.

Wow. ,I was wrong on the price .

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The inconvenient truth, former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a house in secluded Montecito, Calif., to their real estate holdings.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on a gated ocean-view villa on 1 1/2 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, according to real estate sources familiar with the deal. The Italian-style house has high ceilings with beams in the public rooms, a family room, a wine cellar, terraces, six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms in more than 6,500 square feet of living space.

Wow. ,I was wrong on the price .
    What was the elevation of Gore's house. Big issue on the west coast are tsunamis and earthquakes. In 1991 hen I purchased my place in Pace, FL I did pay attention to the elevation and my floor is 92 ft above mean sea level. This was long before gores inconvenient truth thing.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My point is that I'm not worried about it . As long as the rich and famous like AL buy houses on the sea shore I'm pretty sure we'll be ok. 500 years from now ? Your guess is as good as any body's .

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just out of curiosity here, and pure speculation. I don't have an opinion one way or the other as there's a lot of science contradicting itself. I can't tell if there is man made climate change happening or not, but..... What exactly is wrong with trying to better the environment by switching to more green practices? Do you nay sayers feel there's some conspiracy behind climate change? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the cons of this. As for the climate changers that believe full on it's happening, which model do you trust/believe in the most? There's so many that say the sea levels will rise X amount of feet, and so many that have said this and yet we haven't reached their predetermined mark. Either way, going green per se, doesn't much hurt anyone or anything as far as I can tell. Hell, I work in the oilfield and I am absolutely for utilizing solar and wind energy where it makes sense. We all only have this one rock we live on to call home. Why not make habitable for our children and grandchildren as we were able to experience it growing up.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem is not being more "green". The problem is being forced to it. The federal government makes laws and regulations forcing the citizens into alternatives that are more expensive (LED light bulbs), poorer functionality (low flow shower heads, toilets) or less safe (CAFE standards requiring smaller cars). Economic changes can drive this without the government interfering. If the price of electricity rises, people may choose LED bulbs. Same for water or the price of gasoline forcing behavioral changes. The federal government should be concerned with national defense and infrastructure. Everything else should be state and local issues.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have removed all the restrictors out of my shower heads! The guy at the store removed the last one for me before I even went up to pay for it! I have slowly been changing out to LED when bulbs fail, they would sell better if they would come down in price IMO.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My carbon foot print for a whole year is less than AL Gores planes foot print for one trip. I feel the ruling class should lead by example. They should be willing to give up some of their conveniences for the benefit of future health of the planet.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have removed all the restrictors out of my shower heads!

My understanding is that the newer shower heads no longer have a removable restrictor. You have to drill them out. As to carbon footprints, my mission in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al or Leo.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My understanding is that the newer shower heads no longer have a removable restrictor. You have to drill them out. As to carbon footprints, my mission in life is to have a carbon footprint the size of Al or Leo.

You can dig them out with a screwdriver, just bought one when my son came home from college for the summer and banned him from using my shower. His only complaint about using the shower in the spare bathroom was the low water flow, went to Lowe's and bought a new larger shower head and asked the guy how to remove the reduced flow restrictor, he took a sharp tipped flat tip screwdriver and dug it out no problem!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heat with wood which give me a real big carbon foot print. But it is green since it is recyclable.
    Have not done it but have been thinking of making a solar black barrel water heater. Fill a drum full of water and let the sun warm it up.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn’t know you could dig out the low flow restrictor, I’ve drilled all mine out. If I ever get a new one I’ll try to dig it out first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Follow the MONEY! Who paid for what studies/research and where results shift power to? Gov/EPA or private sector? Read deeply into the Carbon Credit Market. For an "environmental issue" it generates billions in profits and there is no provision for any of it to go back into environmental programs! How about Carbon Tax, Emissions Tax and Energy Tax, in the U.S. and industrialized Nations? Cash Cows with little if any of the revenue going towards the Environment.

Most people here are aware of how "desired result research funding" is done by the gun control crowd. Cherry pick data to get the desired and paid for result. Same goes for climate change.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ever wonder why solar power hasn't become popular yet in the residential market? It's still quite expensive IMO. Big power companies I'm betting are doing everything they can to keep costs up so they don't lose business.

Top Bottom