Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    Ever wonder why solar power hasn't become popular yet in the residential market? It's still quite expensive IMO. Big power companies I'm betting are doing everything they can to keep costs up so they don't lose business.
    The cost of solar energy in many cases are subsidized by the US government by income tax cuts and such. No it is not cheaper, but I would like to have a small emergency set up for charging batteries and maybe other light tasks.

Last edited by FrommerStop; 06-19-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typo add tax

2. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post
    The cost of solar energy in many cases are subsidized by the US government by income cuts and such. No it is not cheaper, but I would like to have a small emergency set up for charging betters and maybe other light tasks.
    There's apparently a large tax credit by going with solar somewhere in the $8k range. Some power companies are giving rebates as well in the multi thousand dollar range. It's still an incredibly expensive investment for such a low rate of return. Not to mention the storms we have in FL that could destroy the entire system in a matter of minutes.

4. 3 Like kidsoncoffee's Post:

Until Al Gore sells his beach house, I'm thinking we've got a few hundred years before we actually have to worry about it.
    Seriously, it's on the Gulf Coast...pretty easy to find...they still use it as a hideaway to get away from it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    Ever wonder why solar power hasn't become popular yet in the residential market? It's still quite expensive IMO. Big power companies I'm betting are doing everything they can to keep costs up so they don't lose business.
    trump said he checked into it for his buildings, the component replacement cost, every 10 yrs, out weighed the savings in the long run

calif will destroy the housing business, driving lower earner out, with the mandate they put on new housing to take effect in a few years
    John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

You live and learn or you don't live long....

Quote Originally Posted by kidsoncoffee View Post
    There's apparently a large tax credit by going with solar somewhere in the $8k range. Some power companies are giving rebates as well in the multi thousand dollar range. It's still an incredibly expensive investment for such a low rate of return. Not to mention the storms we have in FL that could destroy the entire system in a matter of minutes.
    Framing them under plexiglass helps, having quick-connects so you can pull the whole thing down in minutes
    in case of hurricane is also helpful. Basically you mount it on your home like you do an RV...for takedown.
    In this way you can avoid the worst of the weather problems

My bright idea was to mount panels over each South-east facing window like an awning...so you get maximum sun exposure,
    and it shades those windows for additional cooling benefits
    Not to mention the teensy little electric bill!

8. Likes Big Shrek's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shrek View Post
    Framing them under plexiglass helps, having quick-connects so you can pull the whole thing down in minutes
    in case of hurricane is also helpful. Basically you mount it on your home like you do an RV...for takedown.
    In this way you can avoid the worst of the weather problems

My bright idea was to mount panels over each South-east facing window like an awning...so you get maximum sun exposure,
    and it shades those windows for additional cooling benefits
    Not to mention the teensy little electric bill!
    Damn good idea on the bahama style over the windows. It would work for 3 windows on my house for about 8hrs of sunlight. Do you have a battery system setup with yours?

earthquakes worldwide up 50% the last 30 days, big percentage

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...0-above-normal
    John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

what did algore trip and fall to cause them?
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

12. Likes FrankT's Post:

that idiot wants trump to resign over global warming