• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife and I did our absentee ballots earlier this week. And like everyone else here.. I strongly encourage folks to go vote!! In fact, that reminds me.. I have a 22yo daughter that I need to get after about voting.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So easy to do. No reason why a responsible citizen wouldn't.

Also, quite a few amendments to the Florida Constitution on this ballot. Some are insidious... If you want your voice heard on illegal aliens owning property, felons being allowed to vote, or whether you can continue to vote for your sheriff, you need to go vote in this election.

Edit to add:
    Here's a link with all of the specifics for the amendments. The "summary" on the ballot can be misleading. Heck, they removed number 8 for that reason, but some of the others aren't "perfect" either:

https://dos.myflorida.com/media/699824/constitutional-amendments-2018-general-election-english.pdf

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've studied the amendments but still need to research if any or all the judges on the ballot "shall be retained in office". But I will definately be voting.

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Voted on Friday at the county extension on Stefani Rd. I was encouraged to have to wait in line to vote. Glad to see others out!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I voted yesterday in South Santa Rosa County.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today's the day, wish I was more confident about the GOP's chances in Florida. Nelson keeping his seat would be a push, but Gillum as Governor would be a very, very bad thing for Florida.

From some of the predictions I saw earlier today...

Florida Governor: Similarly, it’s fair to ask if Ron DeSantis was a good fit for Florida — yes, a Republican-leaning state, but a diverse and thriving one. A lot of these races might be seen as Trumpist policies and style against the Democratic agenda, without Hillary Clinton. More registered Democrats voted early than registered Republicans. DeSantis went after Andrew Gillum hard on his ethics and his record as mayor, but so far there are only limited signs that it worked. It will be close, but I think Democrats win here . . .

Florida Senate: . . . and pulse-less Bill Nelson somehow beats Rick Scott in the Sunshine State’s Senate race, which should count as one of the biggest disappointments for the GOP this cycle. It will be fascinating to see if Scott’s all-business, even-tempered, I’m-all-about-creating-jobs-and-focusing-on-efficiency style runs well ahead of DeSantis’s attacking style.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-big-election-day-preview/

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One important post for many of us is the Commissioner of Agriculture, Democratic candidate Nikki Fried: Fried, an attorney and medical marijuana lobbyist in Fort Lauderdale which seems like it could be an issue conflict of interest and she is extremely antigun. That office hands our our CCW permits in florida. Since she is good looking I can think of more useful positions she could serve in, not handing out our gun licenses.

agriculture_commissioner_candidate_nikki_freid.jpg

Attachments

• agriculture_commissioner_candidate_nikki_freid.jpg
      agriculture_commissioner_candidate_nikki_freid.jpg
      28.2 KB · Views: 226

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One important post for many of us is the Commissioner of Agriculture, Democratic candidate Nikki Fried: Fried, an attorney and medical marijuana lobbyist in Fort Lauderdale which seems like it could be an issue conflict of interest and she is extremely antigun. That office hands our our CCW permits in florida. Since she is good looking I can think of more useful positions she could serve in, not handing out our gun licenses.

View attachment 68788

Looks like you might have posted the wrong picture based on your description of the woman.

Top Bottom