• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just wanted to tell duckhunter (John) Thank You for sticking to your word. I talked to you about the Leupold scope First thing 12/28 and told you I HAD CASH in HAND and would take it but you were going hunting at 1pm and I was supposed to get up with You WHEN YOU GOT DONE HUNTING LAST NIGHT OR ANYTIME TODAY AND WHEN I TEXT YOU TODAY YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WILL BE BUSY WORKING TODAY AND I SAID I AM AVAILABLE ANY TIME TODAY JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN AND IT'S SOLD????? GREAT LOYALTY, I'LL BE SURE TO DO BUISNESS WTH YOU IN THE FUTURE. JUST WANTED EVEYONE EXCEPT THE PERSON THAT GOT THE SCOPE ABOUT HOW THIS GUY (JOHN) DOES BUSINESS. He doesn't keep his word.

Hispeed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn! Really interested to hear duckhunter's side of this story. What say you, john?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's kinda lame

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow, this is just too damn funny. He had me on the hook also. Here is my PM to him with his response:

Quote Originally Posted by Idoono
    I sent you a text about the scope. If we could meet in Crestview that would be great. If not we will work something out. Shipping maybe?

Richard
    Richard if the two other replies I have already responded to already don't take it yes I can meet you in Crestview. Here is what I agreed to that I was taking it to my office and leaving to go hunting at 1:00 so if one of those guys don't buy it coming to me today I will do that. I hope you understand that . Thanks John

I further received the following in response to my text message that I also sent. "I have responded to two other people before your PM. They are going to come by my office this morning. If one of them doesn't buy it yes I will be glad to meet you there tomorrow."

When I didn't hear from him I texted him and asked if they brought the scope. Here is his reply VERBATIM from his reply via text:
    "I still have it Richard. I have several offers to trade one which is pretty good and one guy will buy it but I did speak with you way before him. He said he would come to me. I will let you know for sure in the morning. I have a full schedule tomorrow so for sure I can't make it to Crestview tomorrow. I will say this if I don't do the trade I will sell it to you. It may not happen for a couple of days but it will be considered yours."

My reply to him: "I will come to you if that is a deal breaker...."

Of course I never heard back from him and only found out it had been traded by checking the board. I was not going to say anything about it but after reading Buds post I realize we were both being played. I believe he just used this like an auction site and kept wiggling the bait in front of everyone until he got the deal he wanted. Now I might expect this from some stupid young kid but he claims to be 65 years old. Where I come from men stick to their word. As far as I was concerned after the first pm response and his response to my first text the item would be mine if it was not sold by 1 O'Clock yesterday.

Let me state this. The man has the right to sell his property to whoever he wishes to. But, he does not have the right to lie and jack people around. This is the only really bad deal I have had with a member of this site. I will just put him on ignore and move on down the road.

Idoono

PS I have all my texts also.

Last edited:

Hispeed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wish there was a way to tag him. Sounds like a few people wouldn't mind hearing him chime in. @duckhunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He isn't going to say anything. He is a grandpa but not man enough to keep his word and then to chicken shit to answer the phone or text.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, let's see if Duck hunter responds. No reason to continue coming up with new jabs or beat a dead horse at this point.

If he doesn't show up with his side of the story then I'll lock the thread and leave it for reference here in the deal review section.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have received several email's and pm's from forum members that said this is how "duckhunter" (john) does business. I just want to let you all know in advance how he is. No forum loyalty to other forum members, DON'T COUNT ON HIM TO KEEP HIS WORD.

duckhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok here is the Grandpa here who is not going to comment. Many of the comments are very true however I still work for a living and do not control my schedule of when and how long I work. This is the first time I saw this this morning. I had several calls and text to purchase or trade for the scope. I knew the true value of the scope which why I am sure several wanted it. I don't sell things to make money on here just sell when I don't need or can't use them. I am very sorry to have made anyone mad but as in one text I spoke about a good trade offer that was made. I have seen several times on the forum that people say they want things and never show. I wasn't sure the trade was going to come in and did text back to one of the guys I was working and could not meet until later. The trade guy came in to my office between my appointments and he made me an offer to me I could not refuse. Nor would anyone turn it down. I immediately went on the forum and stated that the trade was completed. I also thanked everyone for expressing interest in the scope. I again apologize to any and all who feel like I did them wrong. I had no intention to trick anyone. I don't trade or sell a lot on the forum but do enjoy it greatly. The deals I have conducted in the past have all been good experiences on both sides.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am sorry, this has got nothing to do with you working for a living or your work schedule. It has everything to do with the fact that you told me that if you did not sell the scope by 1 PM you would meet me the next day. After your scope didn't sell by your own deadline, a better deal came along and you took it AFTER you had already told me you would meet me. In any event you can try to justify it any way you want but in the future I will not do business with you. I suggest you read the "For Sale" rules and abide by them. You cannot make one deal and then change your mind when something better comes along. This is not an auction site.

Idoono

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you just like to dick people around. I vote either tar and feather or just sticky this thread so noone else gets caught up in his games.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I simply just try to treat others like I would want to be treated when doing business ..... and that is all we are doing here with the buying,selling,and trading. There are some honest mistakes. There are some that are not.

Plenty of communication using plenty of honesty. With that you can't go wrong. --- SAWMAN

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom