• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I used to have my Alabama concealed permit but moved to Pensacola 8 years ago and now have my Florida ccw. I'm moving back to foley this summer and have seen Alabama is an open carry state. Is this true?

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok I was just curious. I lived there for quite sometime and worked for shrimp basket for 11 years and don't recall seeing anyone open carrying.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    al is an open carry state, but rules apply. Frankly, there is no reason to open carry in public. A permit is only $20 which includes the background check, and has many advantages.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    §13A-11-7-c. “It shall be a rebuttable presumption that the mere carrying of a visible pistol, holstered or secured, in a public place, in and of itself, is not a violation of this section.”

§13A-11-73. (a) Except on land under his or her control or in his or her own abode or his or her own fixed place of business, no person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person, without permit issued under Section 3 13A-11-75(a)(1) or recognized under Section 13A-11-85.”

Private property rules are different.

You can get a permit from the Baldwin Co. Sheriff in about 15 minutes. Download the form from the Baldwin Sheriff office web site. $35/1 yr or you can specify up to 5 years for a corresponding price.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    al is an open carry state, but rules apply. Frankly, there is no reason to open carry in public. A permit is only $20 which includes the background check, and has many advantages.

Maybe there is no reason for you to open carry but I would like the option to if I like or if like here we have brief exposure so if my shirt rides up there are no issues.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm the same way. No one sees my gun, but they see the holster sometimes. Say when I'm at the grocery store and get something off the top shelf. But we're open carry here so there are no problems. I've oc'd on the motorcycle a few times. Even ate lunch at the shrimp basket in gulf shores while oc'ing. No issues. When they passed the bill it was all over the news and in the papers. So I think even the firearm ignorant folks know about it. Avoiding the OC vs cc arguments, cuz frankly it just annoys me, carry however you wanna carry. Just get your permit first, have to have that to carry in your vehicle.
    Maybe there is no reason for you to open carry but I would like the option to if I like or if like here we have brief exposure so if my shirt rides up there are no issues.

Top Bottom