• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got corn today at the CO-OP in Walnut Hill. 960lbs was $90. It was $5.25 per bushel.(56lbs) That is the cheapest that I have seen in several years. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    AND ---> unloading it I noticed that the corn has more pieces of cobs and sticks in it than I have ever seen before. Usually it is pretty clean.

Denny, you have to bring a container. I have some of the big(55gal+) blue poly bbls. I put them on my trailer and drive under the chute,corn is released and fills the bbls. You do not have to put it in bbls if you do not want to. Some guys simply put it into a trailer with high sides or dumped into the back of their pickup truck.

You are weighed by truck scales on the way in,then weighed on the way out. You pay the difference in the price of corn. When you realize that by the bag at Wal Mart it is $6.00 for 40lbs and at the CO-OP it is $5.25 for 56lbs it is a fairly good deal if you do not have to drive to far. --- SAWMAN

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It should be. This the lowest gas prices have been in years. At least until the increase the farm subsidy to add alcohol to the gas.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sawman you are right I got 770 lbs and now I dont know if the feeder will sling it. I put some in one to see what happens this week.If it dont work Ill be back to slinging it on the ground by hand for a while.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm slinging(??)it now. Started my feeders several days ago but have not been back up to the club to check them out. Luckily remembered to just put a minimal amount of corn in them in case it is a no-go.

I have a gravity feeder if these don't work ... OR ... I might have to set my slinger plate down a little for better metering. --- SAWMAN

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used to load all the club bow feeders (only run some of the club feeders for bow to allow gun only members to have unpressured stands when gun opens) and no problems reported by anyone yet - and if any of our members hunted a spot and the feeder didn't run we would have all had an earful...nothing worse than thinking you are hunting over corn and nothing happens....

Top Bottom