• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of the guys I shoot with have been waiting on this for years, in that time frame I’ve bought and have been enjoying several new suppressors . It’s 200 more to have it sooner rather than later. When you are an older guy sooner is definitely better than later.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New guys , would be my guess. Those of us that have been around the block a couple of times know better.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone besides me figure out the hearing protection act was just a scam. It was meant to elicit money from people on both sides of the issue. It's just a case of congress milking the cow. The congress jerks announce hot button proposed legislation that will bring in money from lobby groups. Then they drop it after the news cycle runs it's course.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone besides me figure out the hearing protection act was just a scam. It was meant to elicit money from people on both sides of the issue. It's just a case of congress milking the cow. The congress jerks announce hot button proposed legislation that will bring in money from lobby groups. Then they drop it after the news cycle runs it's course.

Yep just another govt scam... You all keep waiting and never own one. Me I have no problem doing the paper work to get what I want. I'm pretty much done buying suppressors anyway have way more than enough of them to play with. LOL

You want a suppressed gun that you don't have to do paper work on. Get an nice PCP Air Gun... Just Saying. :) You get a nice one and get it tuned properly it will perform just like the real thing.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by fl57caveman View Post
    80% of americans believe a shot from a SILENCER equipped gun is like: psstt...pssttt that you can't hear over 5 ' away
    Maybe not movie movie quiet but it's pretty dam quiet. The brass being ejected and hitting something is usually just as loud or louder.

Don't believe me. Come check it out. I will let you try the HK MP5 SD or my Rem 700 .308 with some special sub loads I make suppressed. I would consider them movie quiet.

:)
    The noise levels depend on many things. Most silencers I have seen fired were noisy with one exception that being a ruger 10/22 with 3 inch barrel and about 16 inches of silencer and you had to hold the bolt shut.
    By the way the sound of a bullet impacting flesh or anything else that solid can be quite notable and no way to hide that sound.

So far we do not know if the virginia beach killer's gun had a functional silencer.

I will not bother to get any NFA weapon or item. I just do not want to deal with ATF. I do not absolutely need one and for pest control .22 cci quiet ammo in a long barreled rifle is about like an airgun for noise level.
    If silencers became an over the counter item I would then get one.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see your point, but after you’ve bought one there is no reason to stop, it’s as they say the cat is out of the bag at that point and there’s no putting him back. :peace::smile:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Love my cans.
    I won’t shoot a long gun without one, and all of mine have one.
    While not “silent” certainly much more pleasant.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Love my cans.
    I won’t shoot a long gun without one, and all of mine have one.
    While not “silent” certainly much more pleasant.

Same here... Love the Cans, SBR's, and Machine Guns... Have no issues doing Form 4's and Form 1's and soon to be a few Form 5's

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Once you shoot suppressed it's hard to go back.... With the exception of my carry pistol and a few oddball rifles that simply cannot be suppressed easily, everything I shoot has a can on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the first time I've ever heard of a suppressor(s) being used in a mass shooting. The first (and only) time I ever heard of bump stocks being used in a mass shooting they ended up banned, hmmm...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    While departing for his U.K. visit President Trump was asked about firearm suppressors and responded, "I don't like them at all." Well that is not good

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think Trump ever identified a gun he "liked". I wonder what he had with his NYC Special Carry CCP? 5 Shot snubby probably. There is a 5 year renewal requirement, with all the Anti Trump hatred, that's probably "cause" to deny. Lol

Hell, A NY State CWP isn't valid in NYC's 5 counties! City "Rules" the State!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While departing for his U.K. visit President Trump was asked about firearm suppressors and responded, "I don't like them at all." Well that is not good

Based on past practice, DOJ Lawyers will state the ATF got it wrong “AGAIN”, Change the Term " A Firearm Silencer or Firearms Muffler means “Machinegun” (because they say so, “AGAIN”). Then Ban with mandatory turn in of every one made since 1986. No grandfathering with MG/Parts. They will get the rest with the total ban on all firearms and knives with blades over 3 inches.

If DOJ can change Congersses specific written intent once, they can do it again. And Congress let them do it without so much as a whimper.

Top Bottom