• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smithnsig

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, who do we like? Anybody local? Or have to send it away.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would attempt to do it myself. There are a bunch youtube videos showing methods from filling the back strap cavity with epoxy and grinding to heating & squeezing. You cant screw it up too badly, after all, it's a Glock. :madgrin:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you alter the frame of your Glock in any way it WILL void the warranty. I have done this to one of my Glocks,a OD framed Glock 20. I undercut the back of the trigger guard so that the middle finger can be moved up a bit. This helps ME mitigate the recoil of the full power loads for faster follow up shots. It also aids in faster alignment of the sights. Now that I have a Viridian laser attached this is not quite as important.

This will/has come in handy if your 20 is a hunter/tracker. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, because I am on the verge of selling my model 40 MOS. The grip is way too large. And I'm not a small guy

I know the modification is for your use. If you want to keep the operating system then the mod. Is a good idea to tailor it to your needs. Are you sure a reduction will be sufficient enough without excessive structural integrity loss? There's always a possibility that the reduction won't be enough or as much as you expected. Q: Do any other brands in 10mm fit you hands better? If so, are the tradeoffs vs Glock worth a better grip/fit? Cons to the mod may also include resale interest in a grip mod gun and resale value.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have owned a Glock 20 for some years now. Although I have med/large hands the grip just never felt right to me.
    After talking to the "Glock Guru" friend of mine,I decided to simply undercut the rear of the trigger guard. Although this does not reduce the circumference of the grip itself,it does allow your grip to be raised on the grip. Specifically your middle finger.
    Couple of cautions - - -> I still believe that a (any) frame mod will void the warranty. And . . . do not undercut too far as it will allow your middle finger to come in contact with the mag release.
    You are welcome to come try my weapon before you cut or sell. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Remember - - -> The Glock 20 is the ONLY pistol ever developed expressly to fire the 10mm cartridge.
    Everything else is just a 1911. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What about the Bren and the Smith line (1006)?

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have seen your RV thread and so I know you can swap your Glock parts into another frame. Lots of good videos on YouTube.

Top Bottom