• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been seriously slacking as far as keeping this thread up to date. I'll try to do a better job this year.

Here are some match videos from that past several months.

MS State CQB Match 8/27/17

3rd person:

Rifle Cam:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then I did some live fire and dry fire, leading up to the Ben Stoeger Skills and Drills class in early December.

A couple stage run videos from the Stoeger class:

End of day 1:

End of day 2:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After the Stoeger class, I took over a month off. I don't like shooting in cold weather, but then I realized that I needed at least 2 more classifiers before the AL Sectional in March. I got back out to a match in Vinegar Bend this weekend with no expectations, and ended up shooting pretty well. I had one big brain fart and a couple smaller ones, but I'm pretty pleased overall. I think the work I've done on my movement is starting to show up in the footage.

POV:

3rd person:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot a small, thrown together classifier match a couple weeks ago. I was mainly trying to get my initial Carry Optics classification, but I took a basically stock G17 with me to shoot it in Production as well. I used to shoot Production with a CZ, but I took the Glock since that's what I've been using in Carry Optics. I got my initial Carry Optics classification at 74.9779%, just shy of the 75% required for A class. With one more classifier above 71%, I should be able to bump to A before the AL Sectional in March.

What was most surprising was the bump to A in Production, thanks to a 92.6% Master class run on CM 13-06 "Too Close for Comfort."

aE7dQBt.png

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot another match at MPSA this past Saturday. I really didn't feel like my match went very well (as evident by all of my self scolding in the POV video), but my consistency enabled me to pull out an overall win. I did go 1-for-1 on all the steel (not counting the re-shoots) during the match, but my transitions were sluggish and I didn't call my shots very well, especially on the steel.

I really need to get back into the dry fire grind before the AL sectional in less than 3 weeks.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was finally able to bump up to A in Carry Optics with the update that came through last night.

IKOMSJB.png

I've got a lot of work to do before I can make M, though.

I'm going to get back to dry firing regularly with my CO guns between now and the AL Sectional, then I'm going to spend some time with iron sights between the sectional and the Jabs Pro Am match in late April. Last year I did alright in Open, but my Irons score wasn't near where I wanted it to be.

I also just bought a Glock 35 that's already setup for Limited Division. Limited has always intrigued me, but I kept jumping around with different guns too much back when I shot it in 2015. I bought the G35 to dabble in the division, but if I get serious about it, I'll probably end up going back to a 2011. Plus, having the G35 will allow me to shoot a few classifiers after matches with the same platform to see if I can bump up to A.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had the day off on Friday, so I got in a much needed live fire practice session. I shot over 800 rounds and spent the majority of the time shooting my Glock 34, to get used to iron sights again before the Jabs Pro Am match in a few weeks.

These were my first shots of the day. A cold 10yd plate rack run in 3.58 seconds.

I also did a few movement and reloading drills, like this one:

Then I finished up the day back on the plate rack at 10 yards, where I shot my fastest run of the day, 2.67 seconds:

I'm going to shoot at least one, if not two matches this weekend in Production. I want to get some match experience with iron sights before the Pro Am, in addition to practice.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love this thread! These are great videos. Seriously, good shooting. I think in the future you should post them at half speed so we can actually see the details - right now it is a blur of movement and sound.

I want to master the one legged shooting stance - kind of a Karate Kid Crane stance - :)

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got a question a few weeks ago about some reload drills. I feel like this is one of the most effective drills out there, so I made a video showing how I do it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm still on the iron sights train. I shot my 3rd iron sight match in a row, and the 2nd in Limited division over in Biloxi yesterday.

This was a pretty technical match from a shot difficulty standpoint (only 1 shooter out of 52 shot the match clean). I really enjoyed it, but it definitely highlighted my flaws as far as shooting iron sights. I used a lot of target focus and quite a bit of point shooting in the last two matches and I tried to carry it over into this match (with little success).

I'm not confident in calling my shots with iron sights yet, which lead to waiting on steel to fall, and sluggishness leaving positions because I wasn't sure my hits. I'm also not used to the timing of the gun, which led to some slow splits and waiting too long for the sights to settle for follow-up shots.

Shooting this new gun, in a different division, with different sights almost feels like I'm starting over in the sport. I definitely need more time with the gun before I can get back to moving and shooting aggressively.

Top Bottom