• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is a great facility. Been there three times. Only once did I leave due to a dumb A$$ being unsafe.

My 10yo and I were on the pistol range and range officer left the line and then the guy went down range without calling for a cold range. My son and I were at the far end and he was shooting his 22 single shot rifle and I see him out of the corner of my eye. I stop my son, pack up my stuff and leave. I let the RO know on my way out.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is a great facility. Been there three times. Only once did I leave due to a dumb A$$ being unsafe.

My 10yo and I were on the pistol range and range officer left the line and then the guy went down range without calling for a cold range. My son and I were at the far end and he was shooting his 22 single shot rifle and I see him out of the corner of my eye. I stop my son, pack up my stuff and leave. I let the RO know on my way out.

I was there that day too. My jaw just dropped. I went over to the 100yd rifle after that. They just opened up the 300yd steel target range. It was a hoot.

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, they just opened up the 300 yard range with the steel targets out there. Its nice, at least they make sure you are zeroed before you are allowed to shoot that far. I shot my 300BO with supers and subs no problem. Just a bit more drop with the subs!!!!

Doc

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    nice facility, reasonable rates and RSOs not doing their job. Been there a few times and cheated death many times. All in front of chatty-cathy RSOs.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nice facility, reasonable rates and RSOs not doing their job. Been there a few times and cheated death many times. All in front of chatty-cathy RSOs.
    Sounds like there's an interesting story there.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Going there again tomorrow. It is nice to have every other Friday off. The folks at the 300 yard range last time knew what they were doing. The idiots come out on the weekend. I'll leave it to them then. And yes, the RSO's like to chat. Nice folks though.

Idoono

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I see new RSOs there the last couple of visits. Much more active in policing safety. Boy was that place packed on Sunday.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm thinking about heading out there Saturday, anyone been lately? I dropped my 30-30 and need to make sure it's still on zero before I take a trip to MS next week to hunt. I'm also going to shoot my Marlin .308MLXR just to make sure it's still on target.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was there last month and shot about 50 rounds of 308 on the 300 yard range. That is all I go out there for. You would be amazed at the pistol brass in front of the shooting tables. There are some idiots there so I only go on a Friday.

Idoono

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I try to get out there twice a month. I call it my ballistics therapy. After spending 30 years in the military being micromanaged on the shooting range, it's refreshing to have a RO that treats you like an adult after you prove you can manage yourself and your firearms.

Top Bottom