• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is not my first but, it is my first write up. Made a deal on 7-7 at 9;44 pm With affpzac

on 7-7 he wanted to know if I had a CCW, sent back yes.

on 7-8- at 12;19 AM he pm that Sat would be his day off and if that would work, I told him, that I was retired and most any time would, That I could come by where he worked if that would do.

On 7-9.a 9;51 pm He PM that he had a issue. talking gun at work and some one offered him 375.00 and now wanted to offer it to me for that. He just wanted to do the right thing. I told him to sale, that I didn't change deals all ready made.. I had left my PH # several times all so. JUst my 10 cents jj

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    dealing with Newbies can suck, they just dont get it... f you wanna play games with people go to another forum. i like the guys on this one and just about everyone I have ever dealt with that had more than 20 post was pretty cool to deal with.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Need to have post edited to have his screen name in title of post. Makes easier at a glance for others. THANKYOU for post

affpzac

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is oneshots actual reply when I asked if he had a CCW...
    "Got ccw Retired LEO firearm Inst. and teach ccw class for over 12 yrs Fl. DL. will that work. check me out here on the form got a few 100 posts".

I apologize for offering the pistol for the price that someone else offered. The guy I work with I know and trust completely. I didn't know it was such a crime to ask if the person has a CCW and surely didn't expect to get a condescending reply for just trying to see if the guy asking to buy my pistol had something that would at least verify they passed a background check at some point. So I apologize for offending anyone. I have sold on the forum before without issue and apparently this time I accidently offended somebody.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is oneshots actual reply when I asked if he had a CCW...
    "Got ccw Retired LEO firearm Inst. and teach ccw class for over 12 yrs Fl. DL. will that work. check me out here on the form got a few 100 posts".

I apologize for offering the pistol for the price that someone else offered. The guy I work with I know and trust completely. I didn't know it was such a crime to ask if the person has a CCW and surely didn't expect to get a condescending reply for just trying to see if the guy asking to buy my pistol had something that would at least verify they passed a background check at some point. So I apologize for offending anyone. I have sold on the forum before without issue and apparently this time I accidently offended somebody.

Yea but this time u offended someone important. Prolly the nicest and most respected guy on this entire forum!

And ur missing the point his remarks about CCw had nothing to do with u selling it out from under him, cause if it did u wouldn't have ask if he would pay the higher price like the guy at ur job offer. Bad Business

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bad business - your reputation is only as good as your word. If you agreed to sell at a certain price but were offered more, ethically you should have completed the earlier agreed upon deal.

I've sold for less that I should/could before - but you just chalk it up as a learning experience and try to be wiser in the next deal.

To back out or not honor a deal on a gun forum is about the worst offense possible. Asking for a CWL was not offensive - not selling at an agreed upon price is many times an offense that will get you banned...

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your reputation is worth more that the $25 extra you made on the deal. Members will give good words for you and vouch for your character when you do them right but after 2-3 bad experiences word will get out and nobody will do business with you.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I thought I did this in a nice way, Just the facts, asking if I had a CCW had nothing to do with me listing the deal, thought by listing several things would make him feel better. I did see where he checked me out on the form. I could have said that is not a auction form. and said what I ready thought, but tennjeep keeps a eye on me, and now there is Jwline,, Stanley. just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THUNDERDOME: Break a Deal, Spin the Wheel! Though in this case it is survivable, repetition would not fare as well.
    A second rub on this type issue happens all to often when the Seller at or en route "says" he has another buyer for price plus $XX. I ALWAYS refuse, hang up or walk back to my truck. Three times they came right back saying they would sell at orig. Price. I never need a gun deal that bad and refuse. I eat the gas and time and maybe taught a lesson. I'm not infering anything to the posted issue. Its just a bad tactic a lot of us have had to deal with at one time or another. Next time I'll counter $25 less if they come back to orig price!

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It does happen a lot
    Not saying very much for the upstanding members that try to steal a deal either
    This last buy I did i heard 6 or 7 tried to steal my deal but the seller had upbringing.
    Did not cave to the temptation

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    let your yes be a yes, and your no be a no...

imo, having or not having a ccw makes no difference whether I sell or buy a gun, my word is what counts.
    I will show dl if requested, but I do not care to see another's dl, what, am I going to drive the gun away?
    I will fill out a bill of sale if needed, but I do not need one...

cash is for all debts, public or private

face to face or over the phone makes no difference either..i expect the same from anyone else

I have had to back off a couple times, on ammo buys, and a gun once, but it was due to personal things, urgent unexpected essential money needs, or family. I think I always notified seller, and why, to release
    him from holding it for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom