• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your above is damn funny. I say - - -> the libs on this forum should have to read it in it's entirety, then sign an affidavit stating such. ---- SAWMAN

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read that awhile back and it is funny, with much ironic humor. Unfortunately, politics and cable TV have no "a la carte" section on their menu....ironically, for very similar reasons. Human nature is such that we tend to square off on most topics in a bell-shaped curve opinion distribution....another example of be careful of what you wish for, you might get it.

It is not natural for people to "give up control" of their lives but about half of people (bell-shaped curve again) want to control other people's lives. That control requires money and force because people don't like to be "controlled"...EVER!

If we put in a 'write-in' tax box on our income taxes, do think liberal leaning people would give more of their money to the govt? Hell No! So all of this control is really about controlling other people...as was stated in the article over and over; once you cede power to one party, you ceded it to the other party when they get in power...be careful what you wish for. I cant remember who stated it, but one famous forefather stated that we need to be involved in politics, like it or not, or you will find yourself ruled by a lesser man. Elected offices do not attract the best and brightest society has to offer. And most productive people are too busy with their own lives to worry, or spend time learning, or be engaged in political process..etc..and that is one of the many reasons why things evolve the way they do, with govt taking more and more and more...and too many people allow and support.

Govt power is like money to a kid...never did any good come from it.

First learn what libertarianism is really about...not pot smoking, atheist anti-establishment hippies. More of you are more libertarian than you would ever know.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...arrested-police-reportedly-find-118-firearms/

I have it on good authority that Australia has their firearm issue firmly tamped down. They have lots of laws and even had an amnesty program where people could give up their guns without having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions about why they had the most efficient tool of self-defense without their overlord’s permission....

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your above is damn funny. I say - - -> the libs on this forum should have to read it in it's entirety, then sign an affidavit stating such. ---- SAWMAN

Just because they read it does not mean they'll "get" it. Remember it's libs you're talking about!

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/...arrested-police-reportedly-find-118-firearms/

I have it on good authority that Australia has their firearm issue firmly tamped down. They have lots of laws and even had an amnesty program where people could give up their guns without having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions about why they had the most efficient tool of self-defense without their overlord’s permission....

Man if you click on the Facebook link and read all the comments from the people in Australia, it's mind boggling.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SCOTUS Justice Thomas sure chewed some ass and shamed thehis fellow Justices for not performing their duties, that being to equally address ALL Constitutional Rights Cases especially when required reviews of those Case under consideration show clear Judicial error by lower Courts.

I Salute you Justice Clarence Thomas!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have been living in Bangkok for nearly half a decade now, but I was raised in America, and I too am watching the extensive back and forth between gun rights supporters and those pushing for strict gun control in the wake of the Florida school shooting.
    In my extensive world travels, I have made a number of observations in countries that have gun control that might add something of value to the ongoing debate in the U.S. I will begin with my present home, Bangkok. We have one of the most effective gun control systems on Earth in Thailand — almost nobody can afford them. Most Thai people do not have enough disposable income to afford a handgun or a rifle. So, nowadays, the bad guys use bombs.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/21/gun-control-across-world-leads-acid-knifings-bombings/?ref=yfp

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

A rather divisive diatribe when you consider the united front of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. A few swipes at more recent political persons and positions (which I consider fairly accurate) as selling points don't carry enough sway to support the inferred oppressor/victim opinions presented as conclusions from clearly one sided bias. I don't support rewriting history, changing or banning Flags, tearing down or moving statues/monuments. IMHO

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A rather divisive diatribe when you consider the united front of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. A few swipes at more recent political persons and positions (which I consider fairly accurate) as selling points don't carry enough sway to support the inferred oppressor/victim opinions presented as conclusions from clearly one sided bias. I don't support rewriting history, changing or banning Flags, tearing down or moving statues/monuments. IMHO

That is one way of looking at it. We certainly agree correlation is not causation. I have several of professor Wilson's books. Perhaps I should have listed them instead of linking to the truncated article I chose.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/companies-cutting-ties-nra-220220623.html

the divide is getting wider...which side will we be on? the civil war will come, matter of time...

According to a list compiled by ThinkProgress, an advocacy organization, there are at least 22 corporations, including car-rental companies and financial institutions that have been offering discounts to NRA members. As the #BoycottNRA movement picks up steam, some companies have cut ties

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^^^ YouTube has continued to adversely impact firearms channels. They cut off revenue streams were available to all channels. They have deleted vids without notification and when complaints are made YT claims it was a failure to upload: impossible since the Channel Owner had been answering Viewer Comments on these "failed to upload" vids. YT is owned by Google and Googles always been anti gun.
    A lot of pro gun firearms channels have been looking for other venues to host them. I hope they succeed in finding a new home.

Top Bottom