• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I sure do hope so also. Couldn't figure out why my emails from Buds were not reaching my yahoo account. They were just not put through by yahoo. Had to use another email account. Underhanded IMO not to just let me know they won't allow this.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    not saying I support this, but if they say 18 yr olds cannot buy rifles until 21, then they should move the voting age to 21 also, to match drinking age,

if 18yr brains are not capable of handling long guns, they cannot process politics either

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well Caveman, look on the bright side. He just verified what we have all said all along about their true motives and final aims. Forewarned is forearmed, let the games begin.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    with all due respect, I'm much more worried about the supreme court than I am a president. We're really only one vote away from losing it all with the supreme court anyway.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The constitution being amended is not a big worry, made difficult for a reason. The supreme court is the ultimate authority on everything else, that's why I worry more about them.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The constitution being amended is not a big worry, made difficult for a reason. The supreme court is the ultimate authority on everything else, that's why I worry more about them.

Buddy I think I know what you mean:
    The Supreme Court can inturpret the constitution in a different way than a state/congress/the people/a prior ruling does.
    They don't have to change, create or abolish any laws or amendments. They can rule them constitutional or not.

It is, imo, the best arguement for keeping elections and politics out of the Supreme Court.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There shouldn't be any political positions in this country that don't have term limits, especially the Supreme Court.

Well the courts were never intended to be political, and there's arguements that the SCOTUS isn't. So I agree with your sentiments, and inasmuch that so long as the court can keep party lines and agendas free from their rulings then I'm hesitant to call for a term limit.
    An example is the current gerrymandering cases. From what I understand they're reviewing a suit filed by democrats and a suit filed by republicans(each argueing a different amendment violation). Word is it's a sign that they aren't playing favorites. It's up too us if we believe them.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    SCOTUS is as political as it gets, there are liberals and Constitutionalists on the Court. The liberals should have term limits or actually should never have been on the court...they are evil

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buddy I think I know what you mean:
    The Supreme Court can inturpret the constitution in a different way than a state/congress/the people/a prior ruling does.
    They don't have to change, create or abolish any laws or amendments. They can rule them constitutional or not.

It is, imo, the best arguement for keeping elections and politics out of the Supreme Court.

Thanx Max-knew what I wanted to say but got brain block! Glad you fixed it for me.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    wners of assault weapons living in north suburban Deerfield have until June 13 to remove the firearms from within village limits or face daily fines after a ban was approved Monday night.The Village Board of Trustees unanimously approved a ban on certain types of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, amending a 2013 ordinance that regulated the storage of those items.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...erfield-assault-weapon-ban-tl-0412-story.html

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    pretty sure the state constitution has not been changed..and I would wager it has the right to bear in it

Top Bottom