DK Firearms

No more personal attacks and disrespectful political arguments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Due to numerous complaints, the decision was made to close the forum for a few days while I reassessed the way personal attacks and the incessant political arguments were handled by myself and the moderators.

I have added 3 new moderators, Seanpcola, JWlineman, and Jogan to help keep things under control.

There will be zero tolerance for personal attacks, this is a forum intended for "Respectful dialogue for firearms enthusiasts" not a soapbox for anyone's personal agenda. State your opinions, respectfully, and respond to others, respectfully, and there won't be any issues.

Many of us have become friends over the past couple of years, and some of us have become irritated with others that participate on the forum. For those who have become irritated with another member, and just can't seem to agree, use the ignore feature. If you don't know how to use the ignore feature contact myself or a moderator and we will be happy to help.

I don't want to see the forum go away, but if we allow it to continue to devolve into a constant state of disrespect, we've lost our way and it is "gone" as far as I'm concerned.

I hope that we can continue successfully and respectfully,

- Ian

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad it is not gone for good. Can I just say THANK YOU for providing us this forum. Let us never forget that it is FREE. It is like being invited to a party at someone's home, act respectfully and everyone has a good time. Show your butt and get shown the door.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ian,that's all well and good ... however ... consider this. Punish the offenders,not everyone on the forum,which(IMO)you just did. Have a mod contact them via PM(only)and tell them: 1. what they have done wrong 2. the "fix" 3. their punishment(if any). That's it. Doesn't seem too damned hard to me.

Keep track(a history)of the offenders. Censor them or ban them accordingly. Can this happen ?? If not .... why not ?? --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian,that's all well and good ... however ... consider this. Punish the offenders,not everyone on the forum,which(IMO)you just did. Have a mod contact them via PM(only)and tell them: 1. what they have done wrong 2. the "fix" 3. their punishment(if any). That's it. Doesn't seem too damned hard to me.

Keep track(a history)of the offenders. Censor them or ban them accordingly. Can this happen ?? If not .... why not ?? --- SAWMAN

This forum is a lot of work for someone, and it hasn't been me lately. Brant, John and Clay have been doing their best, but we simply did not have enough manpower.

With what is going on in my personal life, the forum has taken a back seat, and with all due respect, I would rather see the forum shut down than see what I witnessed last week, simply embarrassing.

Yes, everyone was punished for the actions of a few, no I did not have the time or interest in going back through the threads to see who was causing the problems and why. I am aware of that makes me a bad forum owner / administrator, and I am ok with that, right now I some other issues that need to take precedence.

Hopefully with additional manpower, and our excellent memberbase realizing what this forum is truly about "Respectful dialogue for firearms enthusiasts" we can get back to business as usual.

Carbmofo

I'm Broke!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This forum is a lot of work for someone, and it hasn't been me lately. Brant, John and Clay have been doing their best, but we simply did not have enough manpower.

With what is going on in my personal life, the forum has taken a back seat, and with all due respect, I would rather see the forum shut down than see what I witnessed last week, simply embarrassing.

Yes, everyone was punished for the actions of a few, no I did not have the time or interest in going back through the threads to see who was causing the problems and why. I am aware of that makes me a bad forum owner / administrator, and I am ok with that, right now I some other issues that need to take precedence.

Hopefully with additional manpower, and our excellent memberbase realizing what this forum is truly about "Respectful dialogue for firearms enthusiasts" we can get back to business as usual.

I love this board, and utilize it as much as probably anyone else. However, if people can't utilize it properly, then it has to go. This is just like everything else in the world, eventually a few people will ruin it for everyone. That's just the way it is. I will say this, I think people underestimate the responsibility of the moderators and admins. Ian has been my best friend for 10 years, and every time he has asked me to be a moderator, I have told him that he is bat shit crazy. I appreciate the sacrifice of time and headaches that these guys make, but I don't want any part of it.

The problem is that we have how many, 150 active member? And 99 percent of them are alpha males with strong opinions and egos. Then throw in the militia/anti government crowd, and you have a difficult task to moderate it all; not to mention the constant worry of keeping everything completely legal.

So I say, Good job Ian, and good job moderators. I will enjoy this forum until the wheels fall off.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd have no problem donating/subscribing/premium member or whatever as incentive towards the forums or to help in whatever way. This forum sure saves me from boredom sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbmofo

I'm Broke!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd have no problem donating/subscribing/premium member or whatever as incentive towards the forums or to help in whatever way. This forum sure saves me from boredom sometimes

This.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rules set by owner..suppression of the undesirable. .......what an outstanding idea. Glad you saw fit to put the forum back on line. Much appreciated.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ian

Sincerely hope things work out for you .. we missed you at JJs this year .. thanks again for all you have done..

rich

Docar15

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about two levels of membership? Free for browsing, $10 a year or something small like that to buy/sell.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian

Sincerely hope things work out for you .. we missed you at JJs this year .. thanks again for all you have done..

rich

Thanks Rich, I really wish I could have made it, I'll be there for the next one.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait, nobody else pays $50 a year and had to give a handjob to Ian?

Top Bottom