• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am only seeing Sunday matches for ERGC...did I miss something??

MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok...the Saturdays aren't listed anymore on their calendar so I was just making sure. Thanks!

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    id be cool with once a month if we did more stages on one day.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Emailed Mike with ERGC, apparently there's an issue with the calendar on the website. Saturday matches are still on, 4th Sat of every month. He usually post something on here around the middle of the month.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't know what happened to the listings of the Saturday match on ERGC's monthly calendar, but they were listed from January to March. Now with its deletion from April and May - I can't say but I have a msg to our webmaster for review. Probably just an error on his part for automatic scheduling, I don't know. Rest assured, if there is a cut back in the number of matches, I will let you know.

I was contacted today by Tony Landenwich of Styx River. They are looking into starting an IDPA club at their range and will be coming to our next Sunday match to watch a match after seeing us when they were participating in Rob Pincus' recent Combat Focus Training match last month. He said their once a month match wouldn't clash with our schedule. For those of you who can't get enough of IDPA with two matches a month, there may soon be another. They have a new range at Styx River where those who can demonstrate certification of pistol training (his determination) will be allowed to draw from a holster and make rapid shots rather than one shot every few seconds and shoot only from the bench.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Uh oh, the gospel is spreading.
    Thanks for checking on this Mike.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We have had pro trainers in the past: Andy Stanford (OPS) Surgical Precision Shooting, Gabe Suarez - Close Quarters Combat Shooting and Extreme Close Quarters Combat Shooting - with Force on Force (you wake up to a whole new world from a square range), Walt Wilkinson - two day Rifle course, Herschel (I forget his last name - an old Navy Seal) teaching a two day shotgun course. NW FL Firearms Training (Barry and Sandy O'Neal who hosted the Rob Pincus Combat Focus Training class - they're teaching it again (probably without Rob) October 3. Their website: https://northwestfloridafirearmstraining.com/ for further info on this instruction.

I am unable to be at the range to host another class, but I believe we have the certified personnel in our club who are well qualified to do some additional rifle, pistol, and shotgun training in Larry Leveron and Jeff Clites if there is sufficient interest. We can start a thread to see if there is sufficient interest to hold a class and work it into their schedule. I am sure you would gain a great deal from it.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    is anyone looking into the digital scoring? I have access to some ipads or if I can get in the cool kids group we can try it out for just one group and go from there?

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd like to try out the digital scoring as well. Looks like one Kindle per SO and one main tablet to sync them all at the end and scores should be in shooter's email box by the time they get home.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, we can get the ipads, but what scoring software will you use? did you read the article in the most recent IDPA Tactical Journal about the automated scoring? The most prevalent scoring Software in use in IDPA right now is "For Score" but you can only get updates if you are a current certified user. No new users are allowed until all the Beta testing is complete with regard to the new rules and categories, etc. Guess we could work out a spreadsheet but it wouldn't automatically upload to IDPA.com unless we can reorganize into a table for uploading. Your comments and suggestions and this is probably worthy of its own thread.

By the way, the ERGC webmaster has fixed the ERGC calendar to show the fourth Saturday matches.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am just concerned that your timers are not fast enough to keep up with me. As a result we constantly get errors that suggests that I am slower than Jogan. I mean come on, slower than Jogan! Is anything in the multi-verse slower that Jogan? Me and Stephen Hawkin don't think so.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've written a special program that only counts every other shot from my gun. That's why I'm so fast.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah, we can get the ipads, but what scoring software will you use? did you read the article in the most recent IDPA Tactical Journal about the automated scoring? The most prevalent scoring Software in use in IDPA right now is "For Score" but you can only get updates if you are a current certified user. No new users are allowed until all the Beta testing is complete with regard to the new rules and categories, etc. Guess we could work out a spreadsheet but it wouldn't automatically upload to IDPA.com unless we can reorganize into a table for uploading. Your comments and suggestions and this is probably worthy of its own thread.

By the way, the ERGC webmaster has fixed the ERGC calendar to show the fourth Saturday matches.

Practiscore.

Also syncs the score to shooter's smartphone. Email? What email? :laugh:

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweet! I got a e-mail. Smart phone? You mean a flip phone? Sweet got one of those also. On a real note: Seeing the scores, day of events would be really awesome.

Top Bottom