• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So as you all know I had purchased and put together a new 308 rifle on the AR platform. Last week I took it out and it poured rain so I didn't get to do any testing. This week the rain held out till after I was done.

Specs of build:
    PSA 18" SS upper 1/10 twist
    Mid-length gas system
    Syrac adjustable gas block
    Midwest Industries 15" key mod free float rail

Lower PA10 PSA lower
    PSA LPK
    ACT FCG
    JP enterprises reduced power springs(yellow ones)
    Magpul MOE fixed Rifle stock
    A2 buffer extension
    JP conditioned buffer spring
    DPMS rifle buffer(5.41oz)

Optics
    PA 4-14x44 FFP scope

Tanker 2 port muzzle brake

Mags
    Magpul
    ASC

Well I enjoyed shooting it. I zeroed the scope in at 50 after I bore sighted it. 4rds to get on dead center. Took it to the 100yd range took me 3rds to get it driving tacks. I fired 6 more to confirm zero and then got started on my hand loads. No issues cycling, FTE or FTF. I used clone M118 LR from Georgia Arms. Was averaging 2553fps with chrono @ 10'. Of the roughly 15rds I shot my ES was only 59fps.

I loved shooting this rifle. Once the gas block was dialed in she purred like a kitten. No much recoil due to muzzle brake. I shot her off a Harris 6-9 bipod and rear bag. I've read forum boards complaining about PSA and their PA10 platform. I had zero issues due to the rifle.

The scope is spectacular for the price(229.00 w/ shipping). Once I got the parallax adjusted it was spot on. I did the box test and it passed with flying colors. Returned to zero and confirmed. Scope eye relief isn't the greatest at 14x but at 10x it's outstanding. Clear glass comparable to SWFA fixed power scopes. Not as bright though. However for 229.00 it's very good in my opinion.

Overall I'm very satisfied. No issues. Would definitely recommend to buy.

Doc

Reloading data will be in reloading section.
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      773.9 KB · Views: 3,340
    Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you like the ACT + JP springs combo? Ill probably go that route as my last pieces to my rifles. PSA also just came out with their enhanced nickel trigger that probably pretty similar.

Never shot anything 308 but im sure that muzzle brake is a killer at your sides. TennJeep hit me with his Miculek brake on his 5.56 rifle and I was amazed at the concussion it made.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    S
    How do you like the ACT + JP springs combo? Ill probably go that route as my last pieces to my rifles. PSA also just came out with their enhanced nickel trigger that probably pretty similar.

Never shot anything 308 but im sure that muzzle brake is a killer at your sides. TennJeep hit me with his Miculek brake on his 5.56 rifle and I was amazed at the concussion it made.

First of all, the trigger combo with springs is so crisp. It's probably around 3.5-4.0lbs for the trigger pull and almost no take up on the trigger. I'm going to get the set screw to take the very little creep out of the trigger that is present now.

The muzzle brake is hell on either side of me. I had inadvertently left my sunglasses on the table. Well once I pulled the trigger, they went flying! About 6 feet from where they were! Yes people on either side of you will hate you! The muzzle brake does its job though!

Doc

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome, Ill have to do that for mine, i dont shoot enough or compete so its hard for me to justify with $150+ triggers.

You can get the set screws at home depot if you want to try it out before ordering the JoeBob kit. they come in a pack of 2 for less then a buck i think.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Awesome, Ill have to do that for mine, i dont shoot enough or compete so its hard for me to justify with $150+ triggers.

You can get the set screws at home depot if you want to try it out before ordering the JoeBob kit. they come in a pack of 2 for less then a buck i think.

For my AR15 I got the screws from lowes, 59 cents for a 2pk. I the trigger springs were 10.00 at Joebobs. 11.00 for a trigger job that works outstanding. I would never pay 200+ for an AR trigger. I shoot at least 3 weekends a month. I like to keep my skills up.

I also worked up a good load for 178gr AMAX. It's in reloading section with pics of groupings.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So update, wasn't the chamber or barrel. It was an extractor issue. They replaced the extractor and spring and are sending it back to me. They shot 20rds and cycled 50 through with no issues. I'm pretty stoked to get it back now!

Doc

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's what I thought too.......I hope they might be fibbing about the true issue, because if it was the chamber then that's just them cutting costs by using a very dull reamer......

Doc

Top Bottom