• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Those runs looked smooth! USPSA is definitely a blast. I discovered very quickly that if you want to hone your shooting skills (competitive or otherwise) it's the place to be. I will make note that Daleville's Tri-State Gun Club no longer holds USPSA matches. The USPSA Match Director recently built his own range and holds USPSA matches the second Sunday of every month at Dothan Gun Club in Midland City, AL. (http://www.dothangunclub.com) It's a beautiful facility complete with grass in every bay, really a nice place. Talon Range in Tallahassee also holds a USPSA match on the first Saturday of every month, and again, another top of the line range. (http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range/Competition)

It certainly didn't feel smooth. It felt like shooting my very first match, period. I felt like I was floundering the entire time.

Thanks for the info about the other matches. I also heard that the match near Biloxi is really nice.

I keep telling you people!

In Single Stack division, you can either shoot major (8 rds max) or minor (10 rds max. Usually 9mm).

USPSA is where its at. Shoot inside the fault lines and concentrate on your shooting. No rules/stage drama. Just pure shooting.

Great first match TJ!

That really looks fun. Good job Hoss!

Great shooting!

Thanks, guys!

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You should go with coolpapabell to Dothan at next USPSA match. He smoke guys in open division with his limited Glock

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    3 mags and 2 pouches minimum? This must be a typo. 5 pouches for production and 6 for single stack is pretty standard. Or just load up your mags to maximum capacity and shoot in limited division.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Results are in:

13th out of 24 overall.

5th out of 7 in Production.

Stages (not the same as my video)
    Stage 1: 15th out of 24
    Stage 2: 6th out of 24
    Stage 3: 11th out of 24
    Stage 4: 6th out of 24
    Stage 5: 14th out of 24

Got a lot of work to do, but I do feel good about beating 8 Limited and Limited 10 shooters.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    3 mags and 2 pouches minimum? This must be a typo. 5 pouches for production and 6 for single stack is pretty standard. Or just load up your mags to maximum capacity and shoot in limited division.
    Don't know much about USPSA but I'd be interested in this match since it's closer. In the 2 gun matches there is a specified load out. I assume the minimum is just that, so guys don't show up without enough equip.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great first time!!! Did they Crono your loads?

Edit,I have no idea what PF mine would be and you said when you shot your pistol you were trying to load them to make a certain PF

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Great first time!!! Did they Crono your loads?

Edit,I have no idea what PF mine would be and you said when you shot your pistol you were trying to load them to make a certain PF

They did not chrono any ammo. There are different PF requirements for different divisions.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad you had a good time there. Sounds like a great range and good group of supporting players and SO's to keep it going. All that trigger time done well can only help you get better and faster. He's going to be even harder to keep up with now !!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That looks like a varsity game to me, and I'm still on the JV squad.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I can appreciate USPSA being faster moving, but I enjoy hanging out and chatting with nice folks almost as much as I enjoy shooting.
    Actually, really, being as how I'm usually surrounded by women, I enjoy talking to the guys for a change of pace in my life. Lol.

Top Bottom