• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fox is free and I was already spending money with Hulu and Netflix on top of my cable bill. Amazon is a wash because I'd have it regardless for the free 2 and 1 day shipping. Just glad I reduced the monthly bill.

I was fine with Cox until they for no reason other then they could raised my bill $20. I called to complain and TOLD them I was going to leave if they didn't discount me back to my original price, they told me there was no way they could. I told them the next time I called I'd be eliminating the TV and Phone off my plan & they still didn't offer a lower price.

When the guy asked why I was leaving I told him that story, no worries, got my $20 back times 2! Feels good not to be tied to a Satellite or Cable for TV anymore, yes I have it for internet but that will change in due time, the competition is out there. Verizon 5G is coming and so is Google Fiber and Centrylink Fiber, just have to wait for it to reach our small market!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I'm done with DirecTV NOW, the service was very unreliable, missed prime time shows because of it. Guide on it sucked and to top it off they emailed to let me know in May my $65 a month service was going to raise to $75 a month. So long story short started the 7 day trial of Sling TV yesterday and it has been reliable 100% of the time and the guide is a lot better. Top it off with their DVR and Sports options my bill will be just $40 a month. As far as local channels go I can watch them on Cox still with their App I downloaded to the Fire TV Stick. Figured I'd update everyone, not sure why they don't fix it but many times DirecTV NOW wouldn't come up and would drop out in the middle of shows. Best of luck Cable Cutters!

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    So you can download a cox app to the firestick? Curious if they have it on roku? Do you have to have a cable subscription from cox to make it work or does cox internet suffice?

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So you can download a cox app to the firestick? Curious if they have it on roku? Do you have to have a cable subscription from cox to make it work or does cox internet suffice?

I don't have Roku but if you have Cox Internet you should be able to download the Cox App & watch local channels. Yes, I followed a YouTube video and downloaded the Cox App to my Firestick. It doesn't give you a DVR service but lets you watch all the local network channels including Fox. All I have from Cox is Internet service, it was a Cox customer service person who told me I could download and install the Cox App as part of my Internet service with them.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    More competition for home internet service coming, looks like we'll finally not be stuck with just the cable company for internet service, should bring prices down in the long run!

Any chance we could make this a sticky? Should be lots of news to benefit cord cutters coming along this year with more 5G, Fiber and Satellite services coming online!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/ama...expanding-its-team-as-it-prepares-to-go-live/

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think 2020 is going to be an interesting year when it comes to internet technology, all the signs are there, 5G and Satellite internet service is coming faster than you think! A lot of companies are competing to be the first ones in these technologies so they can be the first to steal customers from those who have been stuck with just their Cable company or slow DSL for internet service.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/ear...w-wireless-internet-service-for-cord-cutters/

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm waiting too Frank, so tired of paying out the @$$ to the cable company. When they originally offered high speed internet the bill was no more than $40 but as soon as they figured out they had no competition and lots of people were switching to online TV viewing they started jacking up the price of their high speed internet. Now most people pay $80-$90 a month just for internet. Cox Cable company also has the internet usage throttle to 1024 GB, I just received a notice today that I've used up 85% of my data for the month and will be charged $10 more if I go over!

Top Bottom