• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Had an agreement to meet up with bbyrd for him to buy a set of AK magazines I had listed on the board recently; I ended up waiting for 45 minutes and he never showed up. The way we had it set up, it was an hour after one of his classes was supposed to end (8:00am class ending; meeting at 9:00). Got there 15 minutes early and waited for him to show up. Around 9:15, I started sending messages asking where he was / if something had come up, but got no response. At 9:30, I gave up and left. Got word back from him at around 11:00, saying his class time had gone over (three hours..?) and that he was going to get lunch and see a movie with friends, and we'd meet up after that... what?

Ended up trying one more time to get something set up; after a little back and forth, we settled on a new meetup day. I tried to nail down a time with him and I haven't heard from him since then. I don't really like doing this sort of thing; I waited over a week before posting this, trying to give him time and a chance, but I've received no further communication, either on the boards or by phone. I've had nothing but good experiences here on the board, but unfortunately I guess there will always be lemons here and there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    just another boy trying to play without any courtesy for the seller..forgetaboutit and him!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, its all about respect and communication!!! Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, dogs on the ground thur. morn. , oh yea!!!!

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well - you gave the DIQ a chance to make it right, props to ya.
    As has been said above - its about common courtesy and respect.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks Fear21, will certainly add him to my "don't do business with this dickhead" list.

If you are out there bbyrd130,please do not waist my time by responding to my adds in any fashion. Thank you. --- SAWMAN

bbyrd130

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, just saw this. I rarely come on this thread and figured why not I'm bored. Let me put my .02 for whatever it is worth. I didn't have class that morning. I don't have class at all in the mornings. I did have another obligation that unfortunately ran over and could not just whip my phone out to let you know . And yes, it was quite lengthy. Trust me, I would rather have not been there myself. That was my fault. I also tried to get with you before I left that weekend for duty but you never responded via text with me.

I'm not even mad at all over this post. It has been a simple misunderstanding and I apologize for any inconveniences and if you'd like I'd be willing to toss in an extra $10 on our deal, for what it is worth (not breaking the bank but have you had anyone else offer you more money simply to make up for any past wrong doings)

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just had an excellent transaction with bbyrd130. I read this post but decided to give him a chance on a rifle I was selling. He met me at the planned location on time. The transaction could not have been better. Sometimes life happens and people can't hook up for whatever reason. I would sell to him again. We actually discussed the fact that he may want another rifle I am thinking of selling. He paid my asking price and showed up with cash in hand. What else can you ask for?

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    As in some cases, there are two sides to the story. So far, I've not run into any no-shows covering deals finalized on the GCGF; only a couple of folks not following up on a deal after interest is expressed.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I respect Fear21 ........ I stand by my post #8.

Hopefully a few things have changed for him. Glad that you had a good transaction/expierance. --- SAWMAN

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't bear any ill will or hold a grudge, but the facts remain with what happened in our transaction and that's why I opened the thread. It sounds like things have changed since then, and that's a good thing for everyone. I enjoy this forum and have had some great interactions with a lot of you, and if others are having good transactions as well, then all the better for it.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hate to add to this, but unfortunately I feel I have to. I have had 99% great transactions with fellow forums members to include bbyrd130. Nice guy and all and of course there are two sides to everything, however I bought his Waffen Werks AK 74 from him today and asked if there are any issues with it. He said only issue was mag related to the included tapco mags and that is all. Quite honestly the rifle seemed fine to me so I paid the agreed 560 and immediately took it to the range. I took 8 Bulgarian and Russian magazines fully loaded that have ran flawlessly in my Arsenal 104 in 545. Anyhow from the very 1st mag till the 7th when I gave up I experienced stoppages after every few rounds. I also used two different type of ammo. All I am saying is that it is hard to believe that yesterday it worked and today with 8 different good mags it doesn't. I know I am stuck with it, but it just sucks that I paid hard earned money when there is clearly an underlying problem with this gun that was not disclosed. Take it for what its worth I guess but that was my experience today with Bbyrd130 and the Waffen Werks AK74 he sold me. Waffen Werks had been taken over by DDI and Bbyrd130 did offer to cover my shipping but still a bit hard to believe from his original post pictured below that there were only mag related problems. And that is "IF" DDI honor Waffen Werks warranty and then we know how we all hate the hassle of sending it to anyone. Especially since customers that have had service done have rifle returned with non chrome lined barrels which was a huge selling point for me. The pictures below his post show what happened to me today at the range with 8 different mags bulgy and russian and multiple stoppages right from the start till I finally gave up. I don't hold any grudge or anything, I am just saying it is difficult to believe this many stoppages would happen out of the blue, and am upset that I shelled out 560 for a non working AK. This is just my 2cents take it for what it is worth, I have no reason to lie or exaggerate. I am going to try to fix the rifle and keep it. I would never sell it with the issues it currently has and even when I get it running I will explain that at one time I would not have trusted the rifle to commit suicide. Again not passing judgement or trying to berate or demean anyone just let the ad and pics below speak for themselves. Thanks all.

Attachments

• bbyrd post.JPG
      bbyrd post.JPG
      71.7 KB · Views: 185
    • 0801171736.jpg
      0801171736.jpg
      202.8 KB · Views: 189
    • 0801171738.jpg
      0801171738.jpg
      299.7 KB · Views: 188
    • 0801171739.jpg
      0801171739.jpg
      243.2 KB · Views: 186
    • 0801171744.jpg
      0801171744.jpg
      440.5 KB · Views: 184
    • 0801171746.jpg
      0801171746.jpg
      294.6 KB · Views: 187
    • 0801171747.jpg
      0801171747.jpg
      343.3 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you didn't know, DDI no longer exists. They sold out to Palmetto State Armory -PSA. Haven't heard if PSA is fixing any Wafen Werks issues.

DDI has a black eye in the AK world due to the behavior of its CEO and issues with their AK line.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    *Update, I have 100% confirmed that the ejector is the cause of all the problems. When a casing is extracted and carried towards the ejector, it misses the ejector entirely and continues to hang onto the extractor while the action is cycling, allowing the spend shell to double feel or shake loose and bounce around in the action which explains how a spent shell ended up on the opposite side of the bolt carrier jamming it up. Any rounds lucky enough to tap the ejector or shake loose from the extractor land right next the rifle. If you know even the tiniest about AKs is that they fling spent shells into the next town over not at your feet. So what I am trying to say is this. NO WAY was this ever a mag issue. Reliability has been an issue with this rifle since it was built or shortly there after. Either way it was not disclosed how bad this gun functions when it was sold. Thats my take on it, take it for what it is worth. I am just a lowly soldier and do not have the disposable income to throw into stuff like this. Shame, my first truly horrible experience with someone on this forum. Again I know there are two sides to every story and only those in the wrong know the truth, and lack of disclosure is basically false representation and a lie. $560 dollars is not easy for me to save for my little hobby so when I spend I expect full disclosure. Like hey man the parts are great, but it jams up a bit, I do not know why. I could have dealt with that. I probably would not have offered 560 but then again who would for a non working gun. Hope bbyrd130's new found 560 bucks which he says is going to fund his next project is a huge success. Meanwhile I guess I will just pay the piper and attempt to find a way to fix this pile of crap. Unless he wanted to refund my money which he has not offered to do of course. I would not even charge for the time I took and the ammo I spent to diagnos the problem with this useless rifle.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I dont expect to get any help from DDI on this gun. It is not their build so why would they honor any sort of warranty. I read into it. It would fix it if they did the build on a WW receiver but DDI did not put it together, so no luck there. Basically I got screwed on this one. No worries I will continue by the golden rule of treating others as I would like to be treated. An honest earned dollar is better than an easy cheaply gained one. Just wish I would have seen this sticky earlier.

Shame the previous owner did not disclose how unreliable this rifle is. Last time I do business with bbyrd130. There is no way and I mean no way that there were sporatic failures due to tapco mags. This gun was a POS from the moment it was built and the bugger was flicked till it landed on me. I would have paid a little less for the parts alone but to have a gun mis represented is another story. I will get this thing going, either finding a way to fix this ejector or getting a whole new receiver. Either way I will be way more into this thing than what it is worth and that is annoying. If I sold a gun that wasnt reliable I would be up front about it. If by some miracle a reliable gun turned into a turd on the same day that the person bought it, I would either refund the money or offer to pay for the gunsmith work. Thats just my thoughts on it, but hope my hard earned 560 goes a long way to fund bbyrd130s new project. What a shame.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't think a man's reputation is worth $560.
    I really hope Red's situation is fully rectified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom