• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you cannot just replace the ejector?? Good luck getting it fixed cheap
    A good smith could replace the ejector plate, problem is that the ejector may have been in spec and the receiver not so I would run into the same issue since there is lateral play on the rails. I have been working on this thing since I got home from the range at 6pm. I peened enough material from the ejector that I can no longer hand duplicate the problem like before so thats a good sign. I heated, peened and water hardened. Not an exact science but I am sure there has been an Afghan or two in the same boat that made it work.
    I would love just to take it to a smith, problem is I do not know any good ones. Kinda like working on your car, experiences have led me to do most of my own repairs on both guns and vehicles. Good learning experience I think. I may have fixed this thing for now with just a blow torch, a couple of socket extenders and some sharp blows from a hammer. Ahmed the Pakistani gun maker might hire me. lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Stuff like this may make a buyer demand to shoot the weapon before a price is offered for it. ESPECIALLY a seller that has no rep built up on THIS forum.
    I have been extremely lucky I guess. I have actually taken a gun apart in a Wal Mart parking lot to inspect it. Had a guy take off the rings from a scope so that I could see the tube. But in both cases the advertised item was good to go and I bought the items.
    Obviously I do not know all the particulars of your transaction. But from what I have read,the seller should simply offer you your money back for the item. If not,and he does not come on here with a extremely good explanation of the serviceability of the weapon,his rep is gone. And I would agree with the above . . . . a mans rep is not worth $560.
    I guess that I am old enough to still believe that a mans handshake is exactly who he is. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Just read your other post on the build.
    Here is my opinion. I feel that in cases like this,the mods ought to step in . . IF the seller does not come back on and (in the least)post his side of the story. The mods should send him a PM and try to obtain an explanation WITHOUT taking sides(yet)in the matter.
    If the seller does not answer the mods PM . . OR . . his PM is unsatisfactory to the majority of the mods,his account should be terminated.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A good smith could replace the ejector plate, problem is that the ejector may have been in spec and the receiver not so I would run into the same issue since there is lateral play on the rails. I have been working on this thing since I got home from the range at 6pm. I peened enough material from the ejector that I can no longer hand duplicate the problem like before so thats a good sign. I heated, peened and water hardened. Not an exact science but I am sure there has been an Afghan or two in the same boat that made it work.
    I would love just to take it to a smith, problem is I do not know any good ones. Kinda like working on your car, experiences have led me to do most of my own repairs on both guns and vehicles. Good learning experience I think. I may have fixed this thing for now with just a blow torch, a couple of socket extenders and some sharp blows from a hammer. Ahmed the Pakistani gun maker might hire me. lol

Well you know what to do and I was gonna say if the folks that use these can fix them as uneducated as they are we should be able to figure it out,,I am betting Utube has a video?? Good Luck...Personally I would have refunded your $$ and said sorry

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Stuff like this may make a buyer demand to shoot the weapon before a price is offered for it. ESPECIALLY a seller that has no rep built up on THIS forum.
    I have been extremely lucky I guess. I have actually taken a gun apart in a Wal Mart parking lot to inspect it. Had a guy take off the rings from a scope so that I could see the tube. But in both cases the advertised item was good to go and I bought the items.
    Obviously I do not know all the particulars of your transaction. But from what I have read,the seller should simply offer you your money back for the item. If not,and he does not come on here with a extremely good explanation of the serviceability of the weapon,his rep is gone. And I would agree with the above . . . . a mans rep is not worth $560.
    I guess that I am old enough to still believe that a mans handshake is exactly who he is. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Just read your other post on the build.
    Here is my opinion. I feel that in cases like this,the mods ought to step in . . IF the seller does not come back on and (in the least)post his side of the story. The mods should send him a PM and try to obtain an explanation WITHOUT taking sides(yet)in the matter.
    If the seller does not answer the mods PM . . OR . . his PM is unsatisfactory to the majority of the mods,his account should be terminated.

I've had good luck here as well. Actually, this thread details the only bad experience I've had in dealing with members here. If someone were to ask me, I'd have no issue meeting them at a range to test fire and inspect. Any excuse to put a few down the pipe!

I will say I've seen a few other forums with a feedback system, where a buyer and seller can leave detailed feedback about their transaction. There is a positive, negative, and neutral rating system included, and on every post from a user his feedback score will be openly displayed - it lets you know very quickly who is trustworthy and who to avoid. I realize we have the seller review section, but it's clunky and okay at best. Just being honest. I feel like a dedicated feedback system tied to each individual user would do wonders.

Hopefully bbyrd will visit and explain, although at this point I think the damage has been done.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the mag release doesn't hold the mag up tight in the gun and the ejector is worn the same thing will happen. Try applying upward pressure to the magazine while firing, if the malfunctions do not present themselves then that's your problen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the mag release doesn't hold the mag up tight in the gun and the ejector is worn the same thing will happen. Try applying upward pressure to the magazine while firing, if the malfunctions do not present themselves then that's your problen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip but if you read a few post back the problem was identified and solved. Def was not a mag issue.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the tip but if you read a few post back the problem was identified and solved. Def was not a mag issue.

If it gives you any more trouble, contact "oneshot" on here... JJ is reasonable (very) and honest. Only issue, he lives 50 miles from me.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    jj lives 50 miles from pretty much everyone. I suspect he likes it that way :)

Top Bottom