• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Recently purchased a 10.5" upper from Hardened Arms. It came in a pretty cool box. Opened it up and it was packaged in some styrofoam. Came with some business cards, a sticker and the tag on the upper as to when they shot it to make sure the headspace was good to go. I took a look at it and it looked solid from what i could see. Mounted it to my lower and put my optics, light, AFG and light on it. Friday last week, I took it to the range to sight everything in. Shot great and gouped on par as a more expensive upper. Had a few issues with it not locking back on the last round and it trying to feed a round without extracting the empty case. So i tinkered with a few things and got it working great. No issues until i took it apart to put it back in the bag to go home and I noticed that the upper rail system was loose.

Once i got home I took a look at it and realized the screw holding the rail system in place had loosened up a bit. I decided to take off the entire rail just to see the inner workings. I noticed that the screws holding the gas block in place had also loosened up. Well i took some blue locktite to everything and torqued it all to spec.

Went back to the range on Sunday to re zero everything. Had no issues with the function or anything being loose. I emailed the company today to let them know my issues and waiting to hear back a response.

All in all not bad for the price. I hope to hear back as to what they have to say about the QC of the actual upper.

Doc

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been thinking about ordering one for a build Im starting. I want to see their response to the issues.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gas black screws on my 7.5 had also came loose after my first range trip with it too. Barrel is dimpled so i also just put some loctite and its been good to go .

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well got an email today from the company apologizing for this slipping past their QA/QC. Well I now have a 50.00 credit to use with their company. They also sent me a shipping label to ship it back to them if I have any more issues with it. Pretty good overall on the handling of this matter. I even told the nice gentleman that I didn't need the credit and he insisted on it. I'm pretty impressed by this company. Yes, it may not be a 1500.00 upper, but they took care of me like a larger company would. Im satisfied with how this played out!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Doc...did you run any Tula ammo in it...? Just wondering if it will feed/fire/eject steel cased stuff...my current AR upper I bought from JSE Surplusis (bf2013 purchase) is as tight a 18 yr old Suzy Rottencrotch...can not deal with steel cased stuff...

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a 7.5" upper from Hardened Arms for my Sig Brace pistol build. I got it on a Gun Broker auction for $212. All I've run through it so far has been inexpensive MFS zinc plated steel case ammo from Hungary. No hicups and decent accuracy for such a short barrel. I'm impressed. Interesting the company chose to set up shop in Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands...

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Doc...did you run any Tula ammo in it...? Just wondering if it will feed/fire/eject steel cased stuff...my current AR upper I bought from JSE Surplusis (bf2013 purchase) is as tight a 18 yr old Suzy Rottencrotch...can not deal with steel cased stuff...

Never ran any steel case through it. Just green tips and ZQI ammo. Had no issues other than what I described above. I still have the 10.5" barrel left over. I replaced it with a 16" to make my current rifle. Changed a few other things also! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Top Bottom