• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since a lot of us are so close to the AL / FL state line, the question regarding the legality of interstate transfers between individuals comes up pretty often.

I am posting FFL contact information here for FFL's who are willing and able to help facilitate LEGAL Private Sales between AL and FL in an effort to make it easier for our members to find a transferring Dealer when they need one!

I personally encountered a situation where an FFL was not willing / able to transfer a pistol between myself and a Florida resident, and this list would have come in handy assisting me in finding an FFL who was able!

Alabama Dealers:

Dealer: Roaster's Gallery

Phone: 251-294-2148 Weekdays before noon

Email Address: jlambertjlambert@yahoo.com

Transfer Price: Free to friends and GCGF members with 25 or more posts

Hours: Weekdays before noon, but subject to be out delivering coffee. (coffee roasting is my real job)

Other Info: Please make sure you notify me that you have ordered a gun that is being delivered to me on your behalf, preferably with tracking info, so I can be home. Make sure the firearm is legal for you to own, and legal for me to transfer to you. I cannot legally transfer handguns to Florida residents. In that case, you will need a Florida FFL for me to transfer to, then that FFL will transfer to you.

Dealer: Kenny's Gun Room

Phone: 251-895-4745

Email Address: KennysGunRoom@gmail.com

Transfer Price: $20

Hours: Tue-Sat 10a-5p ...but if you call ahead I'll hold the door open. Appointments Welcome

Other Info: Please give us a "heads-up" call that we have a transfer headed our way. Otherwise it just feels like Christmas.

Dealer: Styx River Shooting Center

Phone: 251-960-1173

Email Address:

Transfer Price: $35

Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 8-5

Other Info:

Dealer: Bar None Tactical

Suite AB
    Mobile, AL

Phone: (251)929-4866

Email Address: support@barnonetactical.com

Transfer Price: $20

Hours: 11-5 Tues-Saturday

Other Info:Can make special arrangements after hours if needed. We are located in the rear of the building.

Florida Dealers

Dealer: Little Jack's Guns

Phone: 503-708-4740

Email Address: littlejacksguns@gmail.com (best method of contact)

Transfer Price: $20, $15 Mil/LE Out the Door prices

Hours: Various

Dealer: Larry @ Ammunition Sales Co.

Phone: 850-477-2223

Email Address: Sales@submachinegun.net

Transfer Price: $25

Hours: After 6 On Weekdays, On Weekends, Just Call.

Other Info: Contact Via Phone or Email For Transfers

Charges local sales tax on internet sales if a receipt from the original vendor is included with the item.

Dealer: Jim's Firearms of Florida LLC

Phone: 850-912-6998

Email Address: infofl@jimsfirearms.net

Transfer Price: $30.00 background fee included

Hours: Monday - Saturday 9am-7pm

Other Info: N/A

Dealer: Interstate Pawn

Phone:850-478-5334

Email Address:Pcolasales2800@gmail.com

Transfer Price:$25 includes call in

Hours:9-5:30 Monday - Saturday

Other Info: Speak with Timothy

Dealer: Deep South Arms & Ammo

Phone: 850-525-2565

Email Address: N/A

Transfer Price: $5 background check if purchasing a firearms from me and member of GCGF
    $15 Internet transfer
    $10 Local transfer Rifle (person to person)
    $15 Local Transfer pistol (person to person)

Hours: Transfers & Sales by appointment only Contact Troy

Dealer: COASTAL GUN & AMMO

Phone: 850-456-1957

Email Address: coastalgun@gmail.com

Transfer Price: $20. for transfer, plus $5. for call in. for the 1st - 3 guns, then $10. extra for ever gun after the 3 rd.

Hours: MON - FRIDAY 10:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. SAT 10:00 a.m. till 3:00 p.m.

Other Info: Add actual ups shipping rate if item needs to transfer to out of state / area FFL ( I.E Alabama or any state ) I ship with my ups account you pay actual shipping rate or you bring ups ship label with destination address pre paid after FFL verified. your choice

Dealers, to join this list, please PM me and provide me with the information below:

Dealer:

Phone:

Email Address:

Transfer Price:

Hours:

Other Info:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ian, is it possible for the FFL Dealers to post up their FFL Number, or, Is this something they would rather not? (its my understanding that it will be needed when mail ordering to have shipped to them). I haven't mail-ordered any firearms, (mainly because I'm in Ala) but will probably start taking advantage of some of the deals I find now, and get Roasters Gallery to hook me up on the transfers..

Thanks,

HL1

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian, is it possible for the FFL Dealers to post up their FFL Number, or, Is this something they would rather not? (its my understanding that it will be needed when mail ordering to have shipped to them). I haven't mail-ordered any firearms, (mainly because I'm in Ala) but will probably start taking advantage of some of the deals I find now, and get Roasters Gallery to hook me up on the transfers..

Thanks,

HL1

I'd contact the FFL's that you're interested in dealing with directly for this info, if any are interested in posting the info I am happy to add it to the list.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Larry at Ammunition Sales is my new go-to for transfers in Pensacola. He helped myself and another member perform a transfer when 2 other local shops were unwilling do so.

First, the Pensacola Indoor Shooting Center told us it was illegal to perform the transfer unless the firearm was shipped to them. Then, an employee at Mike's told us that an interstate sale did not need to be transferred by an FFL. Bad information all around, but thankfully Larry was close-by and very accommodating.

Steve@JCA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thanks,

HL1

Lots of FFLs are leery of passing out their FFL numbers to just anyone & the internet dealer you purchase your firearm through is most likely going to want a copy of the receiving dealers FFL anyway, so you giving them the number is not going to do anything. Hard to get a straight answer from the AFT compliance officers as to whether you need to have a copy of the dealer's FFL who is sending you the firearm. Back when we still had a local compliance officer in Pensacola (when I first got my type 07), he told me I absolutely needed to have a copy of the FFL from any dealer who transferred a firearm to me. During my last compliance inspection, the agent from South FL who came to do it told me there was no legal requirement for me to keep a copy of the other dealers FFL on file as long as I had used EZ check to verify the short form of their FFL number was active. To be safe, I still ask any dealer who transfers to me to send me a signed copy of their current FFL.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Use the link to check the validity of a FFL Lic #. Some FFLs refuse to provide it to you but will Fax as needed to another FFL. Some provide a partial # that will work with the EZCheck system while a few will give the full number or a copy to clients. Never pay or ship to a "FFL" without checking first AND VERIFY the shipping address your were, given matches the address on the license. I also Google Map the address and cet a Street View.

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Steve@JCA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Use the link to check the validity of a FFL Lic #. Some FFLs refuse to provide it to you but will Fax as needed to another FFL. Some provide a partial # that will work with the EZCheck system while a few will give the full number or a copy to clients. Never pay or ship to a "FFL" without checking first AND VERIFY the shipping address your were, given matches the address on the license. I also Google Map the address and cet a Street View.

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Actually, the BATFE advises you never to give anyone your entire FFL no. Even the FDLE (NICS) checks are done using the short (partial FFL # you are talking about). Not sure why it would matter, but seems to make folks nervous. Not sure why you would be shipping to an FFL unless you are selling weapons out of state, but hey . . . more power to you dude.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold a gun to a Florida resident today and we used USA Performance in Pensacola at 9 Mile and HWY 29 as the FFL to do the transfer and I highly recommend using them. The guys that worked there are good people and the transfer fee is $25.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I sold a gun to a Florida resident today and we used USA Performance in Pensacola at 9 Mile and HWY 29 as the FFL to do the transfer and I highly recommend using them. The guys that worked there are good people and the transfer fee is $25.

Good information. That would be a very easy location for me to meet someone as well. Thanks for posting this.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anyone use Buck & Bass on Pine Forest Road to handle AL to FL transfers? Location is good for me because that way I don't have to venture to far into P'cola. :p

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anyone use Buck & Bass on Pine Forest Road to handle AL to FL transfers? Location is good for me because that way I don't have to venture to far into P'cola. :p

do not know about transfers, but you will not be invisible there, like I am when I walk into mikes...

rick bankston is the owner, good guy imo, prices on ammo may be high, but if they are close, that makes up the difference, you don't have fight 29 construction traffic

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    New to the area and would appreciate a FFL recommendation in Panama City / PC Beach area. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I ended up using Friendly Firearms in Panama City Beach. Jeff is a great guy and you would be hard pressed to beat a $25 transfer fee.

Dealer: Friendly Firearms

Phone: 850-249-0080

Email Address: jharris36042@yahoo.com

Transfer Price: $25

Hours: Various

Attachments

• o.jpg
      o.jpg
      65.1 KB · Views: 70

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FFL fees differ if ordering from a company like PSA? I had a complete lower delivered to Jim's firearms and jim's charged me $65.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    FFL fees differ if ordering from a company like PSA? I had a complete lower delivered to Jim's firearms and jim's charged me $65.
    Sometimes a FFL that has a storefront will charge more when coming from someone like PSA because they feel like they lost a sale because they could have ordered it for you. Doesn't cost them any more or take any more time to do the paperwork.

Savage

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If needing a transfer done in the Milton/Pace area, you can use Family Firearms.
    $20 transfer fee total for up to three firearms per transfer plus the $5 background check fee. Home based so available during most evenings and weekends.

Family Firearms
    (850) 777-6314

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If needing a transfer done in the Milton/Pace area, you can use Family Firearms.
    $20 transfer fee total for up to three firearms per transfer plus the $5 background check fee. Home based so available during most evenings and weekends.

Family Firearms
    Contact Sam - (850) 777-6314

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn. County commissioner and real estate not keeping you busy enough? These guys will keep you busy with cheap transfers.

Top Bottom